Greetings from Europe!

Army_of_mantis_men

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
56
Reaction score
40
Location
Czechia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

After a good four years of thinking, watching videos and various content and theorizing, I finally decided to jump into this hobby. I'm completely new to reefing, but I have several years of freshwater aquarium keeping under my belt, so setting up and maintaining a tank is something I'm familiar with, albeit in a different environment.

I was intrigued by reefing because as a landlocked resident, the idea of reefing and the mechanics of the marine environment was a complete mystery to me. I remember hearing someone talking about polyps in some reefing video and thinking "what the heck is a polyp", "what do you mean the coral just picked up and moved somewhere else in the tank", what kind of sorcery is this!

I ordered the Red Sea Reefer NANO MAX Peninsula Complete Reef System (100l/26.5gal) along with the AI Nero 3, it should arrive within the week and I can't wait to get it all together and finally start cycling. I initially ordered a G2+ but it would've taken another month to arrive and I feel like the green light from my wife has an expiry date lol.

I'll be coming here quite often for newbie advice, like additional equipment, things to keep an eye on and etc. Chatgpt says you're the most welcomming community, I hope it's true :)
See you around!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef! You have come to the right place to get advice!
 
Welcome to the community! Looking forward to progress photos of your tank once you get it up and going!

I feel like the green light from my wife has an expiry date lol.
Smart man hahaha
 
Hello everyone!

After a good four years of thinking, watching videos and various content and theorizing, I finally decided to jump into this hobby. I'm completely new to reefing, but I have several years of freshwater aquarium keeping under my belt, so setting up and maintaining a tank is something I'm familiar with, albeit in a different environment.

I was intrigued by reefing because as a landlocked resident, the idea of reefing and the mechanics of the marine environment was a complete mystery to me. I remember hearing someone talking about polyps in some reefing video and thinking "what the heck is a polyp", "what do you mean the coral just picked up and moved somewhere else in the tank", what kind of sorcery is this!

I ordered the Red Sea Reefer NANO MAX Peninsula Complete Reef System (100l/26.5gal) along with the AI Nero 3, it should arrive within the week and I can't wait to get it all together and finally start cycling. I initially ordered a G2+ but it would've taken another month to arrive and I feel like the green light from my wife has an expiry date lol.

I'll be coming here quite often for newbie advice, like additional equipment, things to keep an eye on and etc. Chatgpt says you're the most welcomming community, I hope it's true :)
See you around!
Welcome aboard and to the hobby!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new