OP
DocPalmer

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Florida Salty Family!!!
Orlando is a feeding frenzy of LFS's. Be sure to go see Living Reef and Top Shelf Aquatics, too.
TSA has crazy clean frags.
That said .... don't rush this. It's a bit early to be coral shopping.
My best advice is get lots of opinions and follow your gut. One person will say dry rock is dead rock, another will say live rock invites hitchhikers. You may find yourself in the middle of saying, I can pick out unwanted hitchhikers because I want diversity.... it is your tank - your money at the end of the day.
Don't rush - don't panic chase numbers - good things come to those who wait.
Animation Domination Lol GIF by gifnews
Happy to be part of the family! I appreciate that and definitely will be taking it slow and steady. I'm in absolutely no rush and don't want to cut any corners.

OP
OP
DocPalmer

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

I've watched several of the 5 minute guide videos and absolutely love them. Plan on finishing the series today. I'll be sure to give the guide a read too. Thank you!

OP
OP
DocPalmer

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your setup sounds amazing.
I like dead rock at the bottom and decorate the top with live rock. Yes, you have a lot to sort through with live rock to kick out pests.
Thanks! I previously built me and my brother's PCs and if this hobby is anything like that, I knew I'd want to keep upgrading. Did my best to "future proof" the reef load out.

How's your experience been with live rock? While I was initially put off by the thought of "hitch hikers", there's something charming about the thought of seeing little critters emerge. I think the addition of a few pounds of live rock could be very informative/beneficial too.

OP
OP
DocPalmer

DocPalmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, lots of great places around central Florida to shop. This site also has a lot of knowledgeable and experience folks to help.

I started with dry rock but will use live rock when I settle in a new place and upgrade.
Thank you! I was very pleased with the staff at WWC and need to make my way around to the other shops. I also couldn't be happier stumbling upon Reef2Reef. Everyone seems wonderful.

How come you started with dry rock but will wait to use live rock once you move?

Back