Greetings from PEI

CaseyWagner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all from Prince Edward Island, Canada.

I had been doing aquaponics and had a crash in my system, and in my bid to rescue my fish dove headlong into aquaria research.
Along the way I started watching reefing videos because I'd wanted a reef tank since I was a kid, and this was a way to live vicariously.

Then a friend gave me a spare and I started a tiny reef tank with just a couple of corals, snails and dwarf hermit crabs. Not long afterward I got a great deal on a 55 gallon from the owner of a local pet store and have had it set up with rock in for about 3 weeks. Nice thing about having a couple of pieces of rock already cycled is the tank is already kickstarted.

I made an algae turf scrubber already and am running reef-pi, though it's just monitoring temps at the moment. I've got stepper motors, drivers, and controls to drive my own peristaltic pumps if I want, etc.

I'll probably be a lurker mostly but just throwing out a hello for now.
Cheers.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r25.gif

#WelcometoR2R
Feel free to poke out of the shadows more often, wed love to talk to you :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! This is a great place for information, but don’t overlook the community!

#reefpi @Ranjib

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family. Been many, many years since I visited PEI, but I will never forget what a beautiful area it is.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 130 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back