Greetings from Tasmania!

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All.

I'm a fairly recent entrant to the hobby. I've currently got a 15 gallon nano setup with some softies, easier LPS, pair of Darwin black ocellaris clowns and a yellow clown goby. Setup has been running for nearly a year and I've really enjoyed it.

Previously I focused on high tech planted aquariums, having done multiple C02 injected scapes.

The nano has got me hooked and I'm now looking to splash out on a red sea or waterbox +-50 gallon setup. Once I've put my order in I'll start a build thread for it.
Welcome!!!! Tasmania has a special place in my heart.....my dear friend Rod Bourke is from there....he's a legend in the industry and in his own mind as well! lol. His father is a Honey farmer there.....would love to visit sometime. Good luck with your aquarium! Enjoy the journey!

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome ...you mind giving us a short description of what Tasmania is like?
Could Google it but nicer to here it from a native

All I know of it is it was once the home of the thylacine...
Tasmania is beautiful and so varied in climate and landscape. You can go from the west coast which gets over 2000 mm of rain to the east coast which barely ticks over 600 mm. There are alpine mountains, white beaches, and crystal clear water. Some of the best trout fishing, especially sea run browns.

Probably controversial but I do water changes with sea water from my local bit of ocean. I take a bucket with me on my boat and just fill it up when offshore. I first started with Aquaforest Reef Salt and then tried local sea water and the positive response from the corals was noticeable.

I was lucky enough to do Kenya safari a few years back with my wife. African wildlife is incredible to see. Next time I visit would be South Africa with the kids. Only problem is I would have 4 more plane tickets to buy this time :/
Yeah hopefully one day we'll get back to care free travelling. If you do make it to SA make sure you have the Drakensberg, Cape Town and Kruger National Park on your list. If you want off the beaten track check out the West Coast.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the best possible platform on the web to get answers and meet people within this saltwater keeping hobby! No doubt a place where you can get lost in all kinds of different and insightful information!

Another great place to snag info about this hobby we all love is YouTube! I have a channel going that is basically just my journey in reefing! May have some helpful tips and tricks for ya! Let me know if you get a chance to check it out! Again, welcome to R2R!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back