Reef eScape in Fairfax
Supreme Reefs in Fairfax
Centreville Aquarium in Centreville
Blue Ribbon Koi and Marine in Cathapine
Reefology in Midlothian
Azalea Aquariums in Richmond
Richmond Aquarium in Richmond
You already mentioned Tiki Coral and Nova Tropical

*edit* - There is also Pets plus in Stafford. I only go there for emergency dry goods, would not get livestock here.

I have also been to Tropical Lagoon and Congressional Aquariums in MD.

My main go-to's are Nova Tropical and Capitol Aquarium.

It would also be good for you to join WAMAS, Wash DC Area Marine Aquarist Society. I get many of my corals and used hardware from local reefers.

There is also RVA Fragfest coming up Feb 12th. (I'm not affiliated) You may not be set up but would be good to see some reginal vendors. More info on FB.
1641670648688.png
Nice glad to see a fellow reefer near by. Ill check into the WAMAS but I will be working during the Frag fest. I thought about checking the other spots when I was down in Richmond like Azalea but I didn't want to spend any more money so I refrained.

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want some nice corals check out Chris Wooten @ RVA Corals. He has some beautiful pieces at fairly reasonable prices.

As others said Tiki Corals has nice corals and a decent selection of fish.

Fish World is the largest and has the most fish. Their coral selection is pretty hit or miss.

Noxsolaris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! My name is Jeremy Pollock I have been into fish keeping since 2010 although I have only kept fresh water fish up until now. I just recently got my basement fishroom setup so I moved all my tanks down to one room. I currently have 9 tanks with 366 gallons holding 74 fish of 13 different species and several plants as well. I have bred fish and created symbiotic relationships with plants and fish in the fresh water variety. A picture of my new basement setup is attached. I have done almost everything that can be done with fresh water so I am now making the leap and going to add a 200 gallon tank to my collection for a salt water reef. The tank will be delivered in February and I have already collected the supplies to get a salt water mixing station built in my basement. Unlike many others I will use my RODI waste water to supply my fresh water fish with water so there will be no "waste" water. I am excited to begin this journey and really don't have any lofty goals. I was at a tropical fish store in Virginia Beach and saw an amazing mixed reef tank a year ago which has made me want one ever since. I will mostly be in this for the fish but I for sure want a clown anemone combo. Given my tank doesn't arrive for a few months it will be a slow process until I get up and running but I would love support should I run into challenges. My salt water mix station will be a DIY build of 3 44 gallon Brute trash cans 1 for RODI 1 for Salt mix and 1 for the "waste" which I will use on my fresh tanks. My tank is a 200 gallon EXT peninsula set for delivery in late Feb. I haven't decided 100% on the lighting but likely will get ecotech Xr15 times 3 or Xr30 times 2. I also desire some tangs as well as I am mostly in this for the fish. The anemone I understand is a little harder to keep and should be introduced as the tank has been more established so as I said this will likely be a slow process but Im going to try and not have huge failures along the way as I've learned alot from freshwater care over the last decade. Anyone got questions about freshwater fish and plants I got you for sure. Any tips for a beginner in salt tank life I will gladly accept.

IMG_20211212_190532669[2213].jpg
I’m here in Va Beach as well. What LFS do you go to?

OP
OP
hawkeyejp82

hawkeyejp82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m here in Va Beach as well. What LFS do you go to?
So we don't have a LFS in Fredericksburg both are about 30-40 miles away 1 to the North in Dale City NOVA Tropicals and another to the South in Glen Allen Tiki Corals. I do have to admit though that I have been to Aquarium Unlimited in Va Beach and the large display mixed reef they have in the back is what inspired me to do a reef tank.

I love the way there clowns host the carpet nems. Its one of the things I love about FW too is the symbiotic relationship between plants, rocks, sand, and fish. Anyways here is my build thread in case you missed it. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-new-200g-peninsula-build.883682/

Noxsolaris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we don't have a LFS in Fredericksburg both are about 30-40 miles away 1 to the North in Dale City NOVA Tropicals and another to the South in Glen Allen Tiki Corals. I do have to admit though that I have been to Aquarium Unlimited in Va Beach and the large display mixed reef they have in the back is what inspired me to do a reef tank.

I love the way there clowns host the carpet nems. Its one of the things I love about FW too is the symbiotic relationship between plants, rocks, sand, and fish. Anyways here is my build thread in case you missed it. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-new-200g-peninsula-build.883682/
Aquariums unlimited is where we went when I got back in the hobby a few months back. That 900 is amazing! If you get back down this way, check out Premier Aquatics in Chesapeake. Best prices for coral I’ve seen anywhere. Owner is really knowledgeable and friendly.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back