Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have several years of experience with keeping freshwater aquariums but have never worked with saltwater. I'm hoping to get into reef keeping and I'm looking forward to participating in the community!
Welcome to the salty family!!! It's a big learning curve from fresh but we are here to help.
School Teacher GIF by Sesame Street

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I have several years of experience with keeping freshwater aquariums but have never worked with saltwater. I'm hoping to get into reef keeping and I'm looking forward to participating in the community!
Welcome!

Glad you joined

OP
OP
InvertGang

InvertGang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty side of the hobby! Any thoughts yet on what you'd like to build, or are you still researching the different paths?
Yes, I have! I've decided that a nano reef is a good space to get started. I bought a Fluval Evo 13.5 that I'm hoping to get set up soon! I'm currently struggling with getting the right adapter for my new RO/DI unit so I can plug it into a water source. When I've got that, I've got to experiment with making salt water!

I'm going to go for easy beginner fish and coral. I keep Walstad freshwater tanks, ones that use lots of plant growth to pull nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia from the water rather than relying solely on the nitrifying bacteria to convert. It made me think of a refugium and how people use macroalgae to help with water quality, so I'm thinking experimenting with growing macro algae and things would be fun!

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have! I've decided that a nano reef is a good space to get started. I bought a Fluval Evo 13.5 that I'm hoping to get set up soon! I'm currently struggling with getting the right adapter for my new RO/DI unit so I can plug it into a water source. When I've got that, I've got to experiment with making salt water!

I'm going to go for easy beginner fish and coral. I keep Walstad freshwater tanks, ones that use lots of plant growth to pull nitrites, nitrates, and ammonia from the water rather than relying solely on the nitrifying bacteria to convert. It made me think of a refugium and how people use macroalgae to help with water quality, so I'm thinking experimenting with growing macro algae and things would be fun!
Sounds like a good plan. For my RO/DI, I wound up finding the adapter I needed in the plumbing section of my local big box store -- for some reason I couldn't find the one I needed at any of my LFS and or online aquaria stores. Best of luck with your Fluval Evo.

OP
OP
InvertGang

InvertGang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan. For my RO/DI, I wound up finding the adapter I needed in the plumbing section of my local big box store -- for some reason I couldn't find the one I needed at any of my LFS and or online aquaria stores. Best of luck with your Fluval Evo.
I've decided to chronicle my struggles in a build thread. It feels a bit weird posting before I have any photos of the tank, but it seems like a fun way to contribute! So far I have photos of a bucket, it's very exciting. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...-first-attempt-at-saltwater-aquariums.844845/

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back