Greetings!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Hope everyone is doing well during year 3 in this pandemic...

Since I have been cooked up in my house (here in Los Angeles), I wanted pull the trigger on getting in to this hobby. Growing up in my family, my father had a saltwater mixed reef tank ~100 gal tank and so I wanted to have my very own.
I picked up a 30 gal. Innovative Marine AIO aquarium and wanting to have a mixed reef system. See the setup below, day 3.
My First Fish Tank.jpg

My build consists of the following items:

Tank- IM 30 Gal Lagoon Tank w/stand. Tank Dimensions (36" L x 14" W, 13" H).
Return Pump- MightyJet 538 GPH (used with 2 split flow heads)
Filters- 200 Micron Filter Sock (2 so I can switch out when cleaning), and a Custom Caddy Media Basket (with the purity pack)
Light- A Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Powerhead- 1 AI Nero 3 (up to 2,000 GPH), I also have a Tunze 6015 Nano Stream (currently not in use, mainly used to mix with Coral RX for dipping).
ATO- AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite SATO- 260P (automatic top off system).

My tank has been running for 5 weeks now. Been running tests about every 4-5 days to monitor levels. Recently put in some coral and some fish (besides the Moly you see in the photo).

Love to hear your thoughts on my build and have discussions on altering, upgrades, and suggestions.
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Hope everyone is doing well during year 3 in this pandemic...

Since I have been cooked up in my house (here in Los Angeles), I wanted pull the trigger on getting in to this hobby. Growing up in my family, my father had a saltwater mixed reef tank ~100 gal tank and so I wanted to have my very own.
I picked up a 30 gal. Innovative Marine AIO aquarium and wanting to have a mixed reef system. See the setup below, day 3.
My First Fish Tank.jpg

My build consists of the following items:

Tank- IM 30 Gal Lagoon Tank w/stand. Tank Dimensions (36" L x 14" W, 13" H).
Return Pump- MightyJet 538 GPH (used with 2 split flow heads)
Filters- 200 Micron Filter Sock (2 so I can switch out when cleaning), and a Custom Caddy Media Basket (with the purity pack)
Light- A Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Powerhead- 1 AI Nero 3 (up to 2,000 GPH), I also have a Tunze 6015 Nano Stream (currently not in use, mainly used to mix with Coral RX for dipping).
ATO- AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite SATO- 260P (automatic top off system).

My tank has been running for 5 weeks now. Been running tests about every 4-5 days to monitor levels. Recently put in some coral and some fish (besides the Moly you see in the photo).

Love to hear your thoughts on my build and have discussions on altering, upgrades, and suggestions.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back