Greetings!

Samurye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Hope everyone is doing well during year 3 in this pandemic...

Since I have been cooked up in my house (here in Los Angeles), I wanted pull the trigger on getting in to this hobby. Growing up in my family, my father had a saltwater mixed reef tank ~100 gal tank and so I wanted to have my very own.
I picked up a 30 gal. Innovative Marine AIO aquarium and wanting to have a mixed reef system. See the setup below, day 3.
My First Fish Tank.jpg

My build consists of the following items:

Tank- IM 30 Gal Lagoon Tank w/stand. Tank Dimensions (36" L x 14" W, 13" H).
Return Pump- MightyJet 538 GPH (used with 2 split flow heads)
Filters- 200 Micron Filter Sock (2 so I can switch out when cleaning), and a Custom Caddy Media Basket (with the purity pack)
Light- A Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Powerhead- 1 AI Nero 3 (up to 2,000 GPH), I also have a Tunze 6015 Nano Stream (currently not in use, mainly used to mix with Coral RX for dipping).
ATO- AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite SATO- 260P (automatic top off system).

My tank has been running for 5 weeks now. Been running tests about every 4-5 days to monitor levels. Recently put in some coral and some fish (besides the Moly you see in the photo).

Love to hear your thoughts on my build and have discussions on altering, upgrades, and suggestions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Hope everyone is doing well during year 3 in this pandemic...

Since I have been cooked up in my house (here in Los Angeles), I wanted pull the trigger on getting in to this hobby. Growing up in my family, my father had a saltwater mixed reef tank ~100 gal tank and so I wanted to have my very own.
I picked up a 30 gal. Innovative Marine AIO aquarium and wanting to have a mixed reef system. See the setup below, day 3.
My First Fish Tank.jpg

My build consists of the following items:

Tank- IM 30 Gal Lagoon Tank w/stand. Tank Dimensions (36" L x 14" W, 13" H).
Return Pump- MightyJet 538 GPH (used with 2 split flow heads)
Filters- 200 Micron Filter Sock (2 so I can switch out when cleaning), and a Custom Caddy Media Basket (with the purity pack)
Light- A Radion XR15 G5 Blue
Powerhead- 1 AI Nero 3 (up to 2,000 GPH), I also have a Tunze 6015 Nano Stream (currently not in use, mainly used to mix with Coral RX for dipping).
ATO- AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite SATO- 260P (automatic top off system).

My tank has been running for 5 weeks now. Been running tests about every 4-5 days to monitor levels. Recently put in some coral and some fish (besides the Moly you see in the photo).

Love to hear your thoughts on my build and have discussions on altering, upgrades, and suggestions.

Welcome! Glad you joined. GREAT LOOKING TANK!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Samurye

Samurye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. GREAT LOOKING TANK!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Great idea, I like the concept of keeping a place to record the build process of my tank. Thanks :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back