OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made myself a lid yesterday to keep the pesky cat out and if I ever decide to get a shrimp or a small fish. Jerkey prevention.

I know it's not as glamorous as the kraken lid guys. But I didn't have to wait 6 weeks and it's almost free compared to the price of the kraken.

20230206_064246.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the filter works pretty good. I'm doing some research on Ai prime light settings to maybe get some a better light setting for photos.

20230206_190802.jpg 20230206_190702.jpg 20230206_190515.jpg 20230206_190531.jpg

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the pink goniopora is still settling in. It doesn't seem happy. But everything else does. Even the idaho grape montipora has its polyps out.

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I heard that. It may be trial and error. There's something these wizards on here are doing. The orange filter does help the washout. But it's clear to me that it has to be something they're doing with their light settings. Probably alot more white with a hint of blue along with the orange filter.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the aquarium cam app. You can play with sliders to correct colors. Takes a little while to fiddle with but I just move them around at random until I get the colors to look like I would like.

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m officially tired of cleaning the filter sock. So I’m switching to the kraken filter cup. I also have an orange, flipper pico glass cleaner on the way. I’m getting some stuff on the glass that my little sponge isn’t taking off when I clean it during the water change. It looks like coralline growth but it’s light green maybe even a little brown

other than that everything is going extremely well. This week it’s time to kill a few aptasia. Going to draxx them sklounst. Thank god the rocks they’re on are small removable pieces. My plan is to lance them with a really hot SS metal probe. Like glowing hot. Then cover the area with superglue rinse in SW and return back into the tank.

nothing has changed in the routine. In two more weeks I’ll be back around New Orleans so I plan on swinging back in coral connection and scooping up 3 to 5 more peices of coral. Still trying to track down that perfect Duncan and I need to finish out the acan garden. I’m thinking 3 more acans and a Duncan if he has it. If not I may scoop up so Zoas

rapurcell85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m officially tired of cleaning the filter sock. So I’m switching to the kraken filter cup. I also have an orange, flipper pico glass cleaner on the way. I’m getting some stuff on the glass that my little sponge isn’t taking off when I clean it during the water change. It looks like coralline growth but it’s light green maybe even a little brown

other than that everything is going extremely well. This week it’s time to kill a few aptasia. Going to draxx them sklounst. Thank god the rocks they’re on are small removable pieces. My plan is to lance them with a really hot SS metal probe. Like glowing hot. Then cover the area with superglue rinse in SW and return back into the tank.

nothing has changed in the routine. In two more weeks I’ll be back around New Orleans so I plan on swinging back in coral connection and scooping up 3 to 5 more peices of coral. Still trying to track down that perfect Duncan and I need to finish out the acan garden. I’m thinking 3 more acans and a Duncan if he has it. If not I may scoop up so Zoas
Do you know if there are any good schools in Baton Rouge? I may be in that area soon, and see you are doing New Orleans.

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live 2 hours west of BR I’m always over that way because my daughter does competition team gymnastics. There are some good schools that way but I don’t think they’re cheap. There’s also some VERY sketchy and VERY dangerous areas there. Make no mistake.

rapurcell85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live 2 hours west of BR I’m always over that way because my daughter does competition team gymnastics. There are some good schools that way but I don’t think they’re cheap. There’s also some VERY sketchy and VERY dangerous areas there. Make no mistake.
Not sure why I said schools, auto correct must have gotten me. I meant any good stores.

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think Aqua Hut near BR is good. There’s also a guy whose big in the reefing community here that’s always in BR and he delivers frags when he’s in the area he’s always posting on LARC about where he will be and you just look at his pictures and he will bring them with him. I think he’s from pineville but he’s always in BR

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a forum for Louisana reefers. Similar to this but not as technically advanced and a little more clunky to use. But it’s Louisiana specific

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if you add Knockout Corals to Facebook. They’re always posting what they have at coral connection. It’s basically a delivery service that’s always driving from Kenner to Houston. If you buy something they will usually arrange a meet up when they’re passing through on I-10. Coral connection is where that pink Goni came from

OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some proof of life photos. I’m am enjoying this so much. I know I’m taking pictures of the same coral over and over but I don’t have that many corals lol.

8CBF8835-5196-44ED-8282-C7310C50F3A3.jpeg C00A908A-6FD9-4CBF-A83F-0E248FC91CA9.jpeg 0DF13953-3D3C-4EC4-98EE-4236FCD81044.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorGreg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last picture shows a little bit of growth on the war coral. I’m pretty proud of that. You used to be able to see the super glue glob on the back side but it’s grown almost onto the rock and is kinda starting the plate out a little bit. It really is a beautiful coral.

next weekend I’m back in New Orleans area for gymnastics and will be about 30 mins from the coral plug. So I’ll be stopping in and hopefully picking up about 5 new pieces. My goal is to finish out the acan garden which means 3 more. Then I really want a regular green montipora and a regular orange or red montipora. To go with the Idaho grape.
If they have a Duncan I’ll pick it up. If not I’ll probably just pass on anything else. I also purchase an orange VCA random flow nozzle to squeeze a little more flow out of this pump. I am also considering purchasing a spare pump incase this one goes **** up

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back