Grown out Rommels Watermelon

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Logzor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
2,563
Reaction score
324
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else have a rommels watermelon colony? I've been growing mine for some time now, I just wanted to know the growth pattern on other grown out colonies.

Mine it tabling out, almost completely flat on top.

I will hopefully get a pic later.
 
Man you are getting tabling growth? Consider yourself lucky! I know its supposed to table but all it ever did in my friends tank was encrust forever. It was painful to watch really. Never did it throw and branching up or anything. Would love to see a picture of yours.
 
I'll post the original tiny frag as well as my colony as it is today.

Here is the original frag. May 2009.

Watermellon_Acro_by_Logzor.jpg
 
Last edited:
Top down from December 2010. I'll get a front shot soon so you can see the tabling better.

rommels_watermelon_acro_2010_by_logzor-d3646mj.jpg


Side shot from January 2010.

Rommels_Watermelon_Acro_by_Logzor.jpg
 
Last edited:
Awesome man, great job with this coral. Nicest colony Ive seen by far.
 
Anyone have any updates or new photos of a grown watermelon?? I’m trying to decide where to place my frag. Thanks in advanced!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new