Growth on Zoas

Smacks21294

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2020
Messages
62
Reaction score
25
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to handle this growth on zoas plugs. Think it maybe some type of sponge. I already doubled the flow and blow off 2xs a week with turkey baster. It keeps coming back.
1000012008.jpg
 
Anyone know how to handle this growth on zoas plugs. Think it maybe some type of sponge. I already doubled the flow and blow off 2xs a week with turkey baster. It keeps coming back.
1000012008.jpg
Looks like mulm or algae. See if it dislodges with gentle bursts from a turkey baster
 
It does dislodge but grows back in a day or two
Increase the water flow towards them - not at them. Appears to be mulm. UV wont help with this
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new