gsp thread.. lets see some pics!

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just trying to see the beauty some gsp can bring to a tank! would be glad to see some of your gsp walls, figures, rocks, anything! ESPECIALLY BRANCHING GSP

i recently tried growing my new 1x1 frag on a rock branch but didn’t go so well.. so i glued it on the wall and it seems much happier! can wait for what’s to come.

anyway, lets see some GSP!!

(pics are not mine) branching gsp is @sicceus
floor gsp is @Reefer Reboot i found on a previous theead

A92BE224-B10F-43C1-8796-3E8151489D30.jpeg 398ECF3E-8758-467B-A1DB-F02245C79753.jpeg

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the only coral that doesn't do well in my tank. Every time I place a coral order, I get a bit of GSP. Everything but the GSP survives.

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the only coral that doesn't do well in my tank. Every time I place a coral order, I get a bit of GSP. Everything but the GSP survives.
interesting.. i’ve heard about something like this from a couple other people! i wonder what it is??

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got some blue star polyps and am wanting to cover the overflow box. Here’s to hoping it takes off!

Jeepjeep_0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure exactly what this it I’ve just been calling it psp lol purple star polyps
19137745-0072-4F42-ADA5-0DF74D3E65C2.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
I have the same stuff, pink star polyp is what I was told. Don’t see it often, anywhere.

C2784305-B616-44F7-8EC0-80DC7CC3AF2B.jpeg

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol ;Hilarious... Hi @lazycouch. Thanks for the compliment but I have to admit this did not happen by design. Nope, life stepped in and decided throw a curve ball at me including my plans for this tank. It is now very "Darwinistic", the strongest survives. As the saying goes, "When life gives you lemons...." So now I'm just going to go with it and see what can be created. What started off as a little quarter sized spot of GSP has turned into this uncontrollable monstrosity, er, "thing of beauty".;) It has now completely covered the bottom, grows up the side and front (which means constant trimming) and has taken over the rocks on the right side sending the RFA's running for the hills. Since my wife only cares about the fish (always wants more;Stop), I'm just going to let this tank be more of a FWLC (Fish with limited coral) tank and let it eventually cover the tank. (I can always dream of the "next" tank.;Yawn) Your timing couldn't have been better as I spent the day you posted this thread doing a massive trim back of all the over grown weed GSP. Instead of just tossing it like usual, I decided to speed up the process by attaching to the back wall with a little twist. (Warning, cliffhanger!) IF it works out I'll post pictures for you. Right now it just looks like strips of fruit roll-up glued to some acrylic.

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol ;Hilarious... Hi @lazycouch. Thanks for the compliment but I have to admit this did not happen by design. Nope, life stepped in and decided throw a curve ball at me including my plans for this tank. It is now very "Darwinistic", the strongest survives. As the saying goes, "When life gives you lemons...." So now I'm just going to go with it and see what can be created. What started off as a little quarter sized spot of GSP has turned into this uncontrollable monstrosity, er, "thing of beauty".;) It has now completely covered the bottom, grows up the side and front (which means constant trimming) and has taken over the rocks on the right side sending the RFA's running for the hills. Since my wife only cares about the fish (always wants more;Stop), I'm just going to let this tank be more of a FWLC (Fish with limited coral) tank and let it eventually cover the tank. (I can always dream of the "next" tank.;Yawn) Your timing couldn't have been better as I spent the day you posted this thread doing a massive trim back of all the over grown weed GSP. Instead of just tossing it like usual, I decided to speed up the process by attaching to the back wall with a little twist. (Warning, cliffhanger!) IF it works out I'll post pictures for you. Right now it just looks like strips of fruit roll-up glued to some acrylic.
wow! that’s some crazy stuff. is it hard to control or is it only if you slack off a bit? can’t wait for my 1x1 to start spreading!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back