OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys how do we get more people on here that are in the local area? I know there are a few that only show up in the Facebook marketplace. I have a dummy Facebook account right now but I am ditching that soon.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys how do we get more people on here that are in the local area? I know there are a few that only show up in the Facebook marketplace. I have a dummy Facebook account right now but I am ditching that soon.
I only know one person that's into reefing. I'll text him.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• image(1).png
    image(1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And those are not small dogs, those are newfoundlands
That's insane. Looks like acrylic? The dimensions I am finding on 500g acrylics are 120" long with varying widths and heights. Does that sound about right for this? Any idea how scratched it is? Or how they got it in the basement?

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's insane. Looks like acrylic? The dimensions I am finding on 500g acrylics are 120" long with varying widths and heights. Does that sound about right for this? Any idea how scratched it is? Or how they got it in the basement?

No idea how they got it in there, it is definitely acrylic. I would imagine there are scratches because I seem to remember seeing scratches in it back when Liz had it. I detest scratches. What made that tank pretty was I remember they had a local carpenter build a nice stand and canopy, he did a good job with it. No idea where the stand and canopy is.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a bit since checked in on this thread, been getting the 90g settled in nice and slowly adding to the livestock and coral stock.
I see few of y’all wanting to make orders from online, Chris at oceans corals in mobile can do select ordering if you give him a call or Facebook message, he makes orders on Sunday if I remember correct. He has plenty of CUC options in stock almost always as well as great selection of fish and even some rare variants and 3 large frag tank setups packed full or corals as well as smaller frag tank with some high end torches/hammers/acans. I go by there almost every other weekend, usually catch one of his sales on corals when I can! Got to pack this 90 out like we have our 24 cube!

I’ll have to get a better full tank shot of the 90g this weekend when I’m home for peak lights. And also here is my fiancés 24g cube I bought her for anniversary to get her started after she complained I spent to much time on my tanks and she wanted to pick out fish and corals for herself lol!
What is that vortech cover you’re using?

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea how they got it in there, it is definitely acrylic. I would imagine there are scratches because I seem to remember seeing scratches in it back when Liz had it. I detest scratches. What made that tank pretty was I remember they had a local carpenter build a nice stand and canopy, he did a good job with it. No idea where the stand and canopy is.
Fortunately, I happen to be a furniture and cabinet maker so I have that part covered. But I think I am going to have to pass. I have an acrylic tank now and the scratches and distortion from the slight bow in the front of the tank drive me crazy. But thank you for letting me know.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately, I happen to be a furniture and cabinet maker so I have that part covered. But I think I am going to have to pass. I have an acrylic tank now and the scratches and distortion from the slight bow in the front of the tank drive me crazy. But thank you for letting me know.

I think back in the day that type of tank was your only option. I agree 100% though. I would be desperate to get that type of tank, the warping and scratches from an acrylic drive me insane. How did the frags do?

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think back in the day that type of tank was your only option. I agree 100% though. I would be desperate to get that type of tank, the warping and scratches from an acrylic drive me insane. How did the frags do?
As far as I can tell, they did well. I got home and did a 10 minute coralRx dip, rinsed in tank water, placed them on the rack in my QT tank. The light cycled off for the night before they opened up and I left for shift early this morning. I'll have my wife send pictures later.

Now I need to find a home for some massive palythoa frags.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back