OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to see what you have avail! I’m in mobile Monday through Fri!

Right now, like 20 frag plugs with GSP. I have three plugs of green montipora, three plugs of pavona. Maybe 5 plugs of nirvana and unlimited mohican suns. Likely 4 plugs of kenya tree, one is quite large. I have waving hand and Xenia. Wednesday is a good day this week, I took the day off.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey now, they serve a purpose. If nothing else get them growing on your back glass like I do.
I love the way they look. I have the GSP already taking over the back glass. I wish I had room for them but I'm trying to figure out how to set up my tank to be just about automatic with very little for my wife to take care of while I'm deployed next year.

A_family_man13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now, like 20 frag plugs with GSP. I have three plugs of green montipora, three plugs of pavona. Maybe 5 plugs of nirvana and unlimited mohican suns. Likely 4 plugs of kenya tree, one is quite large. I have waving hand and Xenia. Wednesday is a good day this week, I took the day off.
Sounds good, Wednesday works for me! Jus let me know location. Does after 4pm work?

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the way they look. I have the GSP already taking over the back glass. I wish I had room for them but I'm trying to figure out how to set up my tank to be just about automatic with very little for my wife to take care of while I'm deployed next year.

I have this massive carpet of GSP frag plugs across the front now and it has grown out, really looks like a solid mat but it is far from solid.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might try to move them to the back glass but I'm wondering how a spattering of palys mixed with gsp would look
Looks pretty good, the color contrast. Interesting thing happens though. The GSP starts to cover the paly body but the head of the paly will extend, this keeps happening. Now I have one paly that is at least 3-4 inches long, no kidding. The GSP keeps trying to cover the paly so the paly keeps getting longer. I may have an entry in Guinness this year

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good, the color contrast. Interesting thing happens though. The GSP starts to cover the paly body but the head of the paly will extend, this keeps happening. Now I have one paly that is at least 3-4 inches long, no kidding. The GSP keeps trying to cover the paly so the paly keeps getting longer. I may have an entry in Guinness this year
That's pretty cool. How did you get the palys on to the back glass? Did you use your magnet trick?

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't figure out a way to get the palys off of the rock that they and the zoas were on, so I just conceded the rock to the palys. I rearranged my rock so the paly rock is surrounded by sand. When they eventually grow off the rock, I can just remove the sand that they grow on to. The zoas were all moved to the other side of the tank and I'll let them take over the rock over there. Hopefully this takes care of the problem.
PXL_20221227_022102547.jpg

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't figure out a way to get the palys off of the rock that they and the zoas were on, so I just conceded the rock to the palys. I rearranged my rock so the paly rock is surrounded by sand. When they eventually grow off the rock, I can just remove the sand that they grow on to. The zoas were all moved to the other side of the tank and I'll let them take over the rock over there. Hopefully this takes care of the problem.
PXL_20221227_022102547.jpg
Do I see Nirvana's?

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only purchased corals from one other person and from him I got Eagle eye, green bay packers, king midas, and pink morph zoas. I really have no idea what is what.

Do they all start looking the same, lol?

I think by the end of the year I may no longer be seeing rock in my tank at this rate.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year everyone, hope you all had a good holiday!

You too.

We did actually go by Petco recently and found something interesting. You can never tell what their zoas look like, they have no actinic lighting. But they do! There is a switch on their lights to actually turn it on. Finally I can see what their zoas look like. We picked up two that we did not have, really cheap.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You too.

We did actually go by Petco recently and found something interesting. You can never tell what their zoas look like, they have no actinic lighting. But they do! There is a switch on their lights to actually turn it on. Finally I can see what their zoas look like. We picked up two that we did not have, really cheap.
Petco has Instant Ocean Reef crystals salt on sale for $39.99 right now. If you buy online and pick up in store you can get an extra 5% off. I bought two from Daphne and two from Biloxi. According to vetteuy53081 instant ocean is increasing their prices on the 15th.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back