Gyre recommendations for 40L

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to go for a gyre pump for my new IM Nuvo 40L AIO coming soon. However, I'd also like to save a bit if possible, but want a good idea of what's being sacrificed. Below options. Recommendations and personal anecdotes very much appreciated!

First, key features:
  • Enough water movement for no dead spots and happy anemones, LPS and easier SPS
  • Nem guards
  • Durability >1 yr would be great

1. Jebao SCP-70M ($96 on amazon): comes with controller, wifi that everyone complains about and an app that commenters say is garbage. But, it is much less than the competition.
2. Jebao SCP-90M ($105 on amazon): under consideration, because some posts have said that the 90M is fit for 90cm of "gyre" function (35.4in, the length of the 40L), so potentially more appropriate than the 70M--at the same time, I don't want everything blown away, so have my doubts.

Note: there have been so many mixed reviews of the Jebao gyres that I'm also considering biting the bullet for a more expensive piece of equipment:

Note: I have not yet found any nem guards for the Jebao gyres. How hard is it to find someone that can 3D print one specifically for the Jebaos? I am not on FB or know of any 3D printing groups..

3. Maxspect Jump Gyre 2k ($220 on saltwateraquarium): under consideration due to reputation of company and lower price point than relatives.

Note: I am not currently considering th IceCap gyres, because the controller situation confuses/irritates me.

There are "Nemprotect" $50 nem guards available for the Maxspect Jump 2k/IceCap 2k. Is the Maxspect Jump 2k the same dimensions as the IceCap 2k with interchangeable nem guards? If so, I found an Etsy nem guard for the IceCap 2k at only $17, which would be great if that fit the Jump 2k.

Thanks again for your feedback!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking Jump 2k, but does anybody know if it is the same dimensions as the IceCap 2k? I found a nem guard that works for the IceCap 2K and would like to know if it fits the Maxspect Jump 2k.

Thanks everyone!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back