H2o2 coral dip

Kmarshall168

Bearded Dude that likes things in water
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a euphyllia that is being smothered in hair algae and I wanted to try the h2o2 method of dipping with 3%. What is the ratio between tank water and h2o2 that I should aim for? Also is it 5 min dip with movement? I understand this is still a concept of treatment Thanks

JohnNYC8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a euphyllia that is being smothered in hair algae and I wanted to try the h2o2 method of dipping with 3%. What is the ratio between tank water and h2o2 that I should aim for? Also is it 5 min dip with movement? I understand this is still a concept of treatment Thanks

This isn't euphyllia but I had algae all over some zoas and I put them in a container with tank water and dripped in 3% H2O2 until I saw bubbling. 5 minutes of agitation, some scrubbing with a q-tip, a rinse in a container of tank water and then back in. They were freaked out but after 5 days they opened up and look great.

I got the method of waiting to see bubbles from a forum post and I think that's a better indicator than a pre-set mix which could be too strong. It didn't take much to start the bubbling.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back