Haddoni growth rate

gspyro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!I would like to know how long it takes, on average, for a small Haddoni to get really big if I feed it about 3 times a week? My goal is to make it grow as quickly as possible. Thanks very much!

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!I would like to know how long it takes, on average, for a small Haddoni to get really big if I feed it about 3 times a week? My goal is to make it grow as quickly as possible. Thanks very much!
They can grow relatively quickly. Just focus on keeping it healthy, over feeding can be harmful to anemones. Make sure you feed it small pieces of food not silversides or similar.

OP
OP
gspyro

gspyro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes, definitely! I'm feeding them with Vitalis for anemone. Three times a week seems to be sufficient. I have 4 Haddonis, one over 16 inches and the others are smaller. One is very small, at 7 inches, and the other two are about 10 inches. Thanks!!!

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming all of your haddoni are in the same tank, you may notice that no matter how much you feed., some will remain smaller than others. In the wild, haddoni are typically found by themselves. In my experience with both haddoni and gigantea, one anemone oftentimes takes on a dominant role and will be the largest, while the others vary in size but are not as large as the dominant one.

This may not happen with your haddoni, just something to look out for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gspyro

gspyro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That's important information. I had no idea! Thank you again for the knowledge

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 63 27.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 49 21.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%

Back