Haddoni moving

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red Haddoni kept moving after I treated the tank with ChemiClean. He moved around the rock in less than 36hrs. As part of treatment, I’ve added another MP40 and he doesn’t like the extra flow.

Outside of turning off the MP40 , what should I do to put the Haddoni back to its original spot?

IMG_6564.jpeg IMG_6898.jpeg IMG_6904.jpeg

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red Haddoni kept moving after I treated the tank with ChemiClean. He moved around the rock in less than 36hrs. As part of treatment, I’ve added another MP40 and he doesn’t like the extra flow.

Outside of turning off the MP40 , what should I do to put the Haddoni back to its original spot?

IMG_6564.jpeg IMG_6898.jpeg IMG_6904.jpeg
I've had good luck using 'sandboxes', i.e. a 3-4" deep box (not bowl) filled with sand. My haddoni does laps around this box and then usually attaches to a corner after a couple days and you can refill the sand to the top.

Focus rn on making sure the lad is safe from your wavemakers tho. Do you have nem guards on everything with impellers? My haddoni loves to hug heaters as well so make sure those are sequestered.

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck using 'sandboxes', i.e. a 3-4" deep box (not bowl) filled with sand. My haddoni does laps around this box and then usually attaches to a corner after a couple days and you can refill the sand to the top.

Focus rn on making sure the lad is safe from your wavemakers tho. Do you have nem guards on everything with impellers? My haddoni loves to hug heaters as well so make sure those are sequestered.
First of all, I dislike (ok, HATE) sand. I've been BB for more than a decade. The only reason I got sand was for these carpet nems! lol

I thought about 3D printing a big box myself and barricade it with rockwork. The rest of the tank will be BB. Well, that ship has sailed so we'll have to wait for another tank build. For now, I'm thinking of physically moving him back to its original spot -- painful but doable. I have nemguards on all wavemakers -- yes, peace of mind!

OP
OP
bakbay

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually both the red & blue Haddonis moved. They were in this perfect spot until I added an extra MP40 - dooh!

Good news — Cyano is now gone (hopefully for good).

Attachments

• IMG_6561.jpeg
    IMG_6561.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 40

585bird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My haddoni has gone to hide in the rocks shade .Has percula clown friends .Only have him for 3 weeks .Thoughts ? Move him ?Is he dying ?

Attachments

• IMG_9325.jpeg
    IMG_9325.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 34

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back