Haggisman14's Oceanic Biocube 29

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....so you know how I just said my PC Rainbow was starting to color up and encrust more....I get home last night...and half of it has RTN'd...work up this morning, and it's gone!

Nothing has changed in the tank, everything else is doing great (fingers crossed). As they say...crap happens! :mad:

IMG_5092.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_8802.JPG

If it started from the bottom up, that may be a sign of pests, but I am no expert in this.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherry Corals live sale this weekend...YES PLEASE!

Shipment will be coming on Tuesday...standby for pics then!

Otherwise all is going well in the tank, corals are doing well from the last WWC livesale, thankfully have not lost anything recently aside from my PC Rainbow (which really sucked), but hey...it happens. Here are some recent progress shots I had taken about a week ago

Acan than I got about 7 months ago from my LFS....finally sprouted a new head!
IMG_3382.JPG

Armor of the Gods sprouted two baby heads (one behind you can't see)
IMG_6687.JPG

Moons of Uranus (WWC) filling in a crevice...hopefully will start splitting soon!
IMG_7052.JPG

Hermit crab taking a ride!
IMG_7298.JPG

Side shot of the tank
IMG_8744.JPG

IMG_9565.JPG

Close up of my right side of my tank (from the left side looking in)
IMG_3689.JPG

Jerry Garcia Chalice - lost some flesh after it was under too much light, but since i moved it to a shaded area, it's colored up again, and looking healthy...hopefully it will now start growing again!
IMG_5676.JPG

BOOOO! ME NO LIKE APTAISIA (APTASIA-X ON ORDER)
IMG_6934.JPG

Radioactive Dragon Eyes (WWC) really pop in the tank!
IMG_8681.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great weekend with Cherry Coral's Live Sale...$20 for everything...you CANNOT BEAT THAT! Sadly I did miss out on a few that I was gunning for, like the JF Beach Bum, JF Slow Burn, and the Sunkist Bounce, and JF Jack O Lantern, but i'm EXTREMELY happy with what I did scrore! I"ve been trying to get my hands on some green Acans for awhile, and finally did, as well as some other great scores. My corals are shipping today...can't wait to get my package tomorrow.

Here's my haul...

Will post pics once in the tank!

sos666-2.jpg

SOS1142-2.jpg

SOS1278-2.jpg

SOS1378-2.jpg

SOS1119-2.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FTS? I have an Oceanic 29 as well. Aspiring to do a Steve's upgrade.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thanks for the interest. I’ll snag a FTS this morning when I get the corals in the tank.

As for the Steve’s LED, ive never had that. I’ve been running a Kessil 160 since I’ve gotten the tank. I run it at about 60% closer to the 10k spectrum, and at about 75% intensity.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything arrived this morning (just after 9:30), and I couldn't be happier! @CherryCorals and @Acro76 did an amazing job with the live sale, and I'm extremely impressed with the size of all of the frags...much bigger than I anticipated!

Did my 5 gallon water change, acclimated all corals, and then popped them in the tank. Lights are all blues for the rest of today, and then starting tomorrow over the rest of the week i'll be ramping everything back up Quick FTS here, and then click this link for my post with all corals in the Live Sale Thread

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...everything-is-20.442361/page-100#post-5064833

IMG_6040.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few more shots from last night after things opened up. I must say these Raspberry Lime Zoa's are really awesome! Color really pops on them, and I hardly have the intensity up at all! Going to give everything until the weekend on the bottom, and then put them in their final resting place!

ECHINATA.JPG

GREEN-ACANS.JPG

RASPBERRY-LIMES.JPG

RICORDIA.JPG

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few more shots from last night after things opened up. I must say these Raspberry Lime Zoa's are really awesome! Color really pops on them, and I hardly have the intensity up at all! Going to give everything until the weekend on the bottom, and then put them in their final resting place!

ECHINATA.JPG

GREEN-ACANS.JPG

RASPBERRY-LIMES.JPG

RICORDIA.JPG

Very nice! Awesome pieces!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got all my frags mounted in the tank over the weekend. I pulled out my green torch as it was in really bad shape. Covered in those dang polyclads again, and they were just everywhere. To this point they've been leaving my hammers along, so I hope that trend continues and they just die out now!

First picture is where I mounted everything. There was a long branch on my Hawkins Echinata that I snapped off and mounted up high on my rockwork. Not sure if it will take, but i'm interested to see if the two of them color up differently being in two totally different parts of the tank. My new acans are the perfect round out to my acan gardan rock, the raspberry lime zoas are an awesome pop of color for my back rock work. I also moved my Cherry Garcia chalaice back to the front of the tank again to hopefully start growing some more...apparently it didn't like its second home.

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_3440.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG

IMG_5680.JPG

In annoying news, my yellow tip acro is starting to get RTN or STN of sorts, and I have no idea why. No parameters have changed in the tank, and all my other SPS are fine. It started with a small piece at the base, and now it's affecting the base of the coral, not so much the actual protruding coraliets...at least not yet. Not sure why this is happeneing, as everything else is plump and happy... This guy was doing great and seemed to be growing, and was finally having some of the tips turning yellow again...
IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_4449.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a slightly frustrating frustrating development this weekend. I woke up Saturday morning, and my BC Xmas had a wonderful case or RTN. Not sure if they change in light to acclimate my new Cherry Corals, upset them when I ramped back up the lighting schedule over a week...but from what I'm told my little Kessil 160 shouldn't be that powerful to do so.

RTN on the Paletta yellow tip seems to have stopped...so hopefully it grows back. The tip that I broke up completely died. My other SPS seem to be doing better...although they're fairly lower in my tank. My FF Digi is doing really well and has started to really encrust over the rock that it's on. Garf Bonsai is encrusting and doing well, and my orange tip stag is showing more signs of protrusions and growth.

Here are some current pictures of my loss, and some growth. My WWC Tri-Color is encrusting like a madman, and will hopefully shoot out some more branches soon!

Thanks for looking!

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_6975.JPG

IMG_7987.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really does!

Everything else is continuing to do well. Zoa's are spreading, acans are fat and happy, ricordia's are thriving...SPS just hasn't been solid across the board...

Fingers crossed it was all due to changes in lighting, and now everything is back to smooth sailing!

baadbay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if my Steve's led dont work out ill be changing to 150 w mh and put my chiller on it

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got my Kessil 160 back up to about 75-79% intensity, and all corals are seeming to be happy at the moment. The SPS in the tank that I do have seem to be happy at the moment, and I've noticed some extra growth in the past week on my WWC Tri-Color, BC Orange Tipped Stag, and Garf Bansi. I've also noticed flesh coming back on my WWC Cherry Garcia Chalice which is great. My JFOX BiPolar Favites which had pretty much browned out in the last month, is not starting to get some really cool green striations in the flesh which looks awesome...looking forward for it to take off and start encrusting.

I know just after the last WWC live sale I said no more corals, and then I went and splurged during the Cherry Corals live sale, but I think i'm done for the rest of the year, unless Santa Claus brings some gift certificates my way, I'm going to let things grow out for awhile. Just water changes and some Red Sea ABC+ dosing for this guy for now!

In other news I think I've got a new million dollar coral...a "Bounce Acan" See the pics below :)

Some pics!

Full Tank Under Blues
IMG_2607.JPG

Hold the phone...is this a BOUNCE ACAN?!?!?!?!?
IMG_0254.JPG

Blue Tuxedo taking a Hermit for a ride!
IMG_4064.JPG

Really cool coloration coming back to my JFox BiPolar Favites!
IMG_7911.JPG

IMG_5893.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's official...Orange tipped green stag...D.E.D!

Ugh! And then there were 4! WWC Tri-Color, Hawkins Echinata, BC FF Digi, Garf Bonsai...c'mon boys! Lets show em who's boss!

As stated though, ALL zoa's and LPS are doing great!

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's official...Orange tipped green stag...D.E.D!

Ugh! And then there were 4! WWC Tri-Color, Hawkins Echinata, BC FF Digi, Garf Bonsai...c'mon boys! Lets show em who's boss!

As stated though, ALL zoa's and LPS are doing great!

At least you still have the Bounce Acan! Seriously, sending good vibes to the rest of your SPS.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back