Hail Mary - PerkinElmer Lambda 365+

  • Thread starter Thread starter Privateye
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Privateye

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
771
Reaction score
707
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Holmes-Farley, I realize this is a longshot but do you have any experience with a functional nitrate method (their word for a software program) for the PerkinElmer Lambda 365+? We've been wrestling with it for a while now, and while we seem to be closer to reproducibility the data still don't concur with a Hach DR6000 or a Hanna Checker. NO3 vs. NO3-N doesn't explain the differences. We've tried with samples and standard solutions.

Unfortunately we still have this lingering question: which NO3 test is reading correctly? The PerkinElmer uses Beer's Law, the Hach uses the cadmium reduction method, and the Hanna Checker uses the zinc reduction method.

We still have more ideas to look into, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask in the meantime.
 
I don’t have any knowledge of that machine, but I’m sure it can use the same chemical methods used by Hach and Hanna. As long as you elect the proper wavelength, I expect you can use their reagents directly in it.

@Dan_P
 
Upvote 0
I don’t have any knowledge of that machine, but I’m sure it can use the same chemical methods used by Hach and Hanna. As long as you elect the proper wavelength, I expect you can use their reagents directly in it.

@Dan_P
No direct knowledge of this spectrophotometer, but happy to help. We can discuss the issue here or PM me.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new