!!!!!HAIL The FORGOTTEN ROBIN!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty COOL video Adam, is this Reeftank still up and running as is or with many changes ??? Amazing just how many changes to the equipment of the hobby in past seven years, huh?

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's a pretty COOL video Adam, is this Reeftank still up and running as is or with many changes ??? Amazing just how many changes to the equipment of the hobby in past seven years, huh?

Cheers, Todd

Not even close, its long gone! it was up for about three years, the last of which I got married, had a baby and remodeled an entire house. The tank ended up a little neglected and by the time it was time to move came down completely and frags were scattered among friends. It was reset up in the new house for a year or two before i finally sold it and got a plain old 300 gallon rectangle. now that ones been gone almost four years now! I have settled on a perfect little 30x30 cube that i love! Its perfect:) still have my old deltc 902 that ket the big ones clean. . oddly i could hardly give it away this past year. Thinking the body would make a good lamp LOL!!

Mark426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small tanks are incredibly fun. Downsized to my little 35 gallon acro tank a little over a year ago and to my surprise, it has turned into my favorite .... ever. Its a different experience than the big stuff. I am a convert to nano(ish) reefing for as far out as I can see.

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could never get mine to color up like that, always stayed brick reddish brown. More brown than red though :frusty:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool Adam, and we all need to take a break now and then or really does become a chore. When I bought and ran a Retail Business for 10 years downsized to a simple acrylic 50g and primarily 'Softie Tank' with only a small fish bio-load..... oh so easy and fairly beautiful in its own right. Now that I'm back into 'Sticks' again already planning going larger again to at least 180-ish. Was planning on a 450-600 but will not fit in our little Beach House I/we plan on Retiring to in next few years. So will have to be happy as is...... unless....... I win Mega Millions..... then I'll hire Bill Wann to come out and build a little 5000g in an a new addition just for the tank... lol

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well really it was right around the time the business was starting up that the 300 came down so i was actually far from a sabbatical LOL. In truth a guy made me an offer on it that i could not refuse. I when two years looking into prop tanks from the top down before i finally got bored enough to really need another display. The 30x30 is still plumbed into the main prop though so its really on autopilot as far as that goes!

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20141207_113957_579-1.jpg

I'm going to cheat and toss an LPS in...don't hate me for it. I'll get a shot of my nub to colony acrod in the morning. This bubble was no bigger than a child's hand over a dozen years ago. Survived it all a couple moves all sorts of opps moves has even eaten a couple fish. The tang is about 8" small compared to the bubble. Its the only reason I keep this 100 gal look down going

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You play? Haven't picked up my guitar in years:)

well only sort of. :( somewhere along the lines my hands decided they were not going to let me. between bleeding split dry fingers and bandaged tips it was a sad parting

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well only sort of. :( somewhere along the lines my hands decided they were not going to let me. between bleeding split dry fingers and bandaged tips it was a sad parting

Haha, too bad! I tell you what, my wife definitely does not miss my creepy coke nails:wacko:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back