Hair algae smothering SPS on racks

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to try h2o2, go to the dollar store and get some cheap bottles. You can pour it on frag tiles and other things and use a toothbrush to work it in. Don't get it in anything alive that you want to keep.

OP
OP
Charlie the Reefer

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to give an update here and thank everyone who helped me out. I'd say I officially got passed this issue, but not without consequences.

While I do think turning the fuge light back on helped a tad, the thing that REALLY seemed to do the trick was adding the army of CUC. Literally hundreds of things from reefcleaners, and lots of emerald crabs too. Frag tiles are looking spotless at this point.... @jda I think you were spot on.

Unfortunately, I lost some really nice pieces no doubt from this issue. Constantly scrubbing, taking out every acro tile and agitating them. Lost a CC Pink Highlighter and angry birds variant, as some notables. Learned a lesson tho to jump on this issue when it faces itself fast.

I also realized how much growth I missed out on over the 3 months or so I had it. Now that the tiles are spotless, I'm noticing a lot faster puddling / branching from my acros.

Anyways, thanks everyone for helping me out and glad to report back the (generally) good news!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back