Hair algea in a 4 year old tank.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think, if this my aquriam I would genuinely rip clean, just my opinion.

It looks like only GSP coral in aquriam along with hairy snails so I don't think you have much to loose, I honestly thought it was a small issue (my pictures is worst I could find, over 2 years ago), I persisted every 2 weeks to clear all/ as much as possible in the method previously advised.

I honestly think either a total rip clean or sell up.
if your still interested in this hobby maybe try a nano tank or similar so it's easier for you to manage
What is a sell up?

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do? I recently bought into the Algae Scrubber racket. I'm over a month in and I ain't produced anything to speak of. I don't have a lick of Algae in my 3 month old sterile though tank and I went from cleaning my glass every 3 days to barely scraping anything over a 2 week period. I guess it's working... I have an oversized UV going too. I just killed it the other day to see if that was the issue. When I say issue I mean Phosphate locked rock... has been .3 for 2 months. I was hoping to grow some turf Algae to export it.

This is 1 month growth. I just rinsed and scrubbed it 2 days ago in tap water. I didn't see any Pods. I did dose pods 2 months ago but my 6-line chomped them all down.
20240117_185805.jpg
Wow very nice. I didn't even know these existed! I used Blue RX Flux for my tank. I dosed it and boom it was all gone!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back