Half Moon Reef

FN-5280

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2018
Messages
16
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s taken me 3 years but I finally got my tank up and running. My wife bought me my sump, skimmer, mp40 and a couple other bits of equipment 3 years ago for Christmas. I ordered my 24” cube from Planet Aquariums a little over a year ago and had my stand built about 5 months ago.

This is the first sumped tank I’ve owned since I started the hobby 12 years ago, so I wanted to make sure I did it right. I was okay with waiting if it meant I was using the equipment I wanted to use and it looked how I wanted it to look. It’s not the best looking system nor am I using the newest and greatest equipment but it’s taken me a while to get here and I’m pretty proud of how it turned out.

Let me know what you think. Any tips or recommendations are always welcome and appreciated.
4C240741-31F3-4F14-95DE-32A66B44C777.jpeg
 
hi nice set up,think?..time for a build thread starting here... :cool:
 
Looks like you’re off to a great start!! What do you plan on stocking?
I plan on it being a mixed reef. I go back and forth between wanting it to be SPS dominant with some lps and softies but I have always kept full on mixed reefs and thats what I've been most happy with. I have most of my corals in a few of my friends tanks until this tank is cycled and good to go.
 
Looking good!
 
I'll be following this build, it has potential. :D
I’ve been trying to get on and post some in progress pics but have been super busy. I should have a post up in the next couple of days. I appreciate you following.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new