Halloween costumes

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Daughter and her husband live in the Village in Manhattan and are walking in the NYC Halloween parade. I usually build the costumes and this year they are the Brooklyn Bridge as the parade is not far from there.
The entire thing folds up to fit in the subway in 2 pieces. :bigsmile:
Brooklynbridge018.jpg

Brooklynbridge026.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, making it was easy, making it so it folds up to go in a subway was the hard part. Here is a picture of it under construction folded up.
I am looking for a police car and a blinking red LED so I can make an accident on the bridge. I have those blinking red LEDs on my boat but that is far from here right now.
Brooklynbridge017.jpg

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Sounds like you have a lot of fun with your family which is awesome. Family should always be #1 IMO.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I added an accident with skid marks. I figured Halloween should be scary.
I took apart the police cars and added blinking LEDs and for the accident cars, I melted and smashed the cars.
Brooklynbridge029.jpg

Brooklynbridge028.jpg

Last edited:

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol nice. That is true Halloween is not so scary anymore. Its become sexy and funny. Which I still like :) Happy Halloween everyone!!!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's a Halloween costume but as I think back, none of them were scary. She was the Empire State Building which was 8' tall and had three motorized planes flying around the top and a large motorized gorilla was swinging his arms at them. That was cool. Then she was a bowl of linguini. It was about 5' across and the linguini was 100' of white plastic clothes line. There was a huge acrylic fork that I cut out of a sheet of plexiglass and bent like a fork that wasa twirled around the linguini over and around her head. It had red sauce and real clam shells.
About 5 years ago she was a working NYC traffic light. She wore it to work and when she would cross Fifth Ave. she turned on the red light to see if anyone stopped. (almost got ran over) Once I made her a working digital camera. Of course her head and legs were sticking out but when she pushed the button, a red light would come on then a few seconds later it would flash. I had a fire alarm strobe for the flash.
When she was small she was a container of spilling milk and a can of Boars Head Ham.
I guess I don't go for much traditional costumes :neutral:

Picture001.jpg

Last edited:

steamer51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing the pics and your creativity. My wife really enjoyed them, she would always make costumes for the kids when they were little. My favorite was when my son went as a Haunted House.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steamer, home made costumes are always more fun, and you are sure that no one will have the same costume.
A Haunted house is cool, I made a similar costume for her, she was a haunted windmill. I just picked a windmill so I could have some moving parts on it. I get crazy with motors and lights. Now that they have LEDs it lets you be much more creative because the old light bulbs would kill the batteries too fast and I had to limit the lights. The LEDs let you get crazy.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macawmagic, those are great costumes. I love them. It is a little cold here in NY for something like that. It is actually snowing fairly hard here now. Last year my wife and I were something similar, we were white trash.
It was a very easy costume and not as nice as yours. I just made a mesh and spray painted a bunch of garbage white and glued it on.
That was a last minute thing, I probably spent all my time on my Daughter's costume.

I just added a few things, I really need to stop
Brooklynbridge029-1.jpg

Brooklynbridge032.jpg

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my friend were making my costume...We're both architecture students. When we were done with mine I was looking at her and all the scraps on the floor and I was like "Oh I can def make you a costume too!" her boyfriend wasn't too happy, but in a costume contest we won a huge basket of booze...we got 2nd place next to a party city bought edward scizzor hands costume. It was sooo rigged, but it was fun! I still find pictures of me with random people from that night!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macawmagic, a bucket of booze is always good.
Dave, I am not sure what they are, I saw them on the floor of Home Depot.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bridge004.jpg

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, but also looks like it will be a pain to walk in step! Hope you had fun.

CJ

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back