HAMMER CORAL HELP!!!

JSo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
fort bragg
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got my hammer coral it was fully open and I got deployed and had my wife feed and do my water changes. When I came back home I realized that the middle of the coral would be retracted but the outsides would be open. I also noticed that it was in the process of splitting into two heads from one. When I feed I AB+ I can see two mouth eating. Same thing is happening with my gold hammer. My alk stays at 8.7 phos and nirt are normal not 0 but not to high. My phos do get a tad high but come down. Cac is good. I do water changes every 3 weeks. I’ll attach some pictures if y’all want to see how it looks. Would love any feedback!

E1D88ABF-9C77-460E-9D12-447BA841C96B.jpeg 50BBA955-18C7-403E-9406-CB9B90659B6C.jpeg E2D8D5DD-35C7-4A3F-9FAC-4E68A0F11A89.jpeg ACA2AB46-CBC1-4F20-B58A-A5B5D6572B52.jpeg CF525904-5F5F-404E-825A-CC438B565D57.jpeg
 
hi ,welcome to the reef
looks like normal splitting to me.
do you see any tissue problems on skeletons ?
 
hi ,welcome to the reef
looks like normal splitting to me.
do you see any tissue problems on skeletons ?
Appreciate it, I don’t see anything tissue or skeleton problems. I just never seen the middle where the heads are splitting be so retracted and kinda fat while the outside is perfect. Just wanted to get another opinion but I’m pretty sure It’s just splitting
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new