Hammer coral is not happy

bgreeny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammer Coral has not been happy for months now. I have tried dipping it and moving it around the tank but still no change

20240401_190845.jpg

OP
OP
B

bgreeny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I don't see any "unhappy" coral in that picture.

We will need a picture of the hammer coral, not just of your entire tank.
It's the rose gold in the centre, I tried to zoom in or circle but it wouldn't let me, just wanted to show that the rest of the tank is doing just fine

Attachments

• 20240401_200749.jpg
    20240401_200749.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 28

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the rose gold in the centre, I tried to zoom in or circle but it wouldn't let me, just wanted to show that the rest of the tank is doing just fine
Ok, now I see it.

What makes you think it's unhappy? It just doesn't look as puffy to me, but obviously your conditions are right to grow hammers. With that being said, I am not sure what it is. Your tank like I have said before, is more than capable to grow hammers well. So, its either a disease or some sort of pest, and this all depends on how long it's been in the tank.

OP
OP
B

bgreeny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now I see it.

What makes you think it's unhappy? It just doesn't look as puffy to me, but obviously your conditions are right to grow hammers. With that being said, I am not sure what it is. Your tank like I have said before, is more than capable to grow hammers well. So, its either a disease or some sort of pest, and this all depends on how long it's been in the tank.
Yeah just because the heads won't grow and it is less puffy than all the others, I purchased it a few months back and I'm sure the heads were bigger at first, then my mate took it from me to see if he could get it back to all its glory but with no luck so I have taken it back its been in there just over a week now

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back