Hammer coral won’t open

elcapitan1993

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
819
Reaction score
334
Location
white city
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have had this hammer coral for about a little less than two months, I had to rearrange my tank because I had to install a overflow for my sump about a week after that my hammer started not opening all the way and it looks like his polyps might be shrinking, I have already lost another hammer coral so I cannot loose this one I don’t understand what’s wrong with it it is not in direct flow and no matter where I move it to in my tank I stays almost closed
964117F8-A3A8-4842-8578-1AC77F7BA42F.jpeg
, ammonia 0, nitrates 0-5, phosphate 0-0.25, alk 170 ppm/9.4 dkh, calcium 480, salinity 1.025
 
Is it a really light hammer? It almost looks a touch bleached, did you move it a lot closer to the light? Also did the flow change significantly? Hammers often won’t extend much if they are getting to much direct flow.
 
Is it a really light hammer? It almost looks a touch bleached, did you move it a lot closer to the light? Also did the flow change significantly? Hammers often won’t extend much if they are getting to much direct flow.
It’s supposed to be a neon splatter hammer, I did not move it closer to the light though, it could just be my phone because it doesn’t look that light to me when I look at it
 
Did flow change?
They will contract if flow is too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new