Hammer Coral

Hellyeah04

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
46
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am new to reefing, can the bottom hard skeleton (idk what it is truly called) on the bottom of my hammer be removed ?

Just curious because my hammers are really tall and I basically just stuck the dead skeleton part into the rocks. With the flow I am afraid they will tip over or fall.

And I want the coral to actually latch/grab onto the rock.

Thank you in advance

Screenshot_20230810_091419_Gallery.jpg
 
Hello,

I am new to reefing, can the bottom hard skeleton (idk what it is truly called) on the bottom of my hammer be removed ?

Just curious because my hammers are really tall and I basically just stuck the dead skeleton part into the rocks. With the flow I am afraid they will tip over or fall.

And I want the coral to actually latch/grab onto the rock.

Thank you in advance

Screenshot_20230810_091419_Gallery.jpg
Whatever you do-dont cut it off!
When it's happy it will puff up & you won't notice the skeleton.
Have you affixed it with reef glue or putty?
They like a little less flow than torches ime so make sure you're happy with placement before you commit!
 
Whatever you do-dont cut it off!
When it's happy it will puff up & you won't notice the skeleton.
Have you affixed it with reef glue or putty?
They like a little less flow than torches ime so make sure you're happy with placement before you commit!
Ok, I won't.

Yeah placement is fine. I have 3 sets or hammers, dang things are so tall. They look like trees.

I haven't affixed them with anything, I basically just shoved them into the rocks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new