Hammer coral

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers, are my hammer coral ok? I got this frag as one head about a month ago. It’s split into two now. My biocube just cracked so I had to move it to a new tank. It’s opening fine it’s only been in there about two days. I noticed the tissue doesn’t go all the way down the stalk. But I’m not sure if it ever did. I got this from a LFS who was moving locations because the hairdresser in his building was pumping junk into the vents ans killing his frags. So I’m not sure how the stalk looked when I got it. Does it look ok to you guys?

83B7EE3E-B637-4EDD-9012-3D7C52F7E261.jpeg 742E8849-0687-47AC-93B3-8D09C7A3DC7B.jpeg
 
Looks fine. Tissue isn’t receding and it won’t ever cover the entire stalk.
 
Hey reefers, are my hammer coral ok? I got this frag as one head about a month ago. It’s split into two now. My biocube just cracked so I had to move it to a new tank. It’s opening fine it’s only been in there about two days. I noticed the tissue doesn’t go all the way down the stalk. But I’m not sure if it ever did. I got this from a LFS who was moving locations because the hairdresser in his building was pumping junk into the vents ans killing his frags. So I’m not sure how the stalk looked when I got it. Does it look ok to you guys?

83B7EE3E-B637-4EDD-9012-3D7C52F7E261.jpeg 742E8849-0687-47AC-93B3-8D09C7A3DC7B.jpeg
Look like he is just acclimating to his new home:).
 
They’re so small it’s basically impossible to get one.
If it doesn’t expand in a week, or if he continues to look bad, take him out and dip him revive. (Make this a last option, as dipping stressed a coral even more)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new