Hammer help

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I picked up a new Neon Hammer and Splatter Hammer, both from @WWC . Love them, gorgeous hammers.

I am hoping someone can help with something though. I had both of these placed in the sandbed, right next to one another, and I noticed my Neon was much more "active" than my Splatter; much more extension. So last night I moved the Splatter half way up the tank in the rock, and I noticed a reaction right away. This morning, the Neon was great, big extension, I figured I had found a better spot for it and it would be good. Here is where my issue comes in. When my tank went from 10% color this morning to 50% this afternoon, the Splatter went back to minimal extension, while the Neon and a Frogspawn I have had for a while were thriving.

So what do I do? Do I dial in my lighting to try and find a middle ground based on this one coral, or do I stay the course and hope it starts to acclimate to the lighting I have set? Mind you I also have a bunch of Zoas and Acans who are seemingly fine in this setting as well.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 48 49.0%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back