Hammer help

Kinettik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I picked up a new Neon Hammer and Splatter Hammer, both from @WWC . Love them, gorgeous hammers.

I am hoping someone can help with something though. I had both of these placed in the sandbed, right next to one another, and I noticed my Neon was much more "active" than my Splatter; much more extension. So last night I moved the Splatter half way up the tank in the rock, and I noticed a reaction right away. This morning, the Neon was great, big extension, I figured I had found a better spot for it and it would be good. Here is where my issue comes in. When my tank went from 10% color this morning to 50% this afternoon, the Splatter went back to minimal extension, while the Neon and a Frogspawn I have had for a while were thriving.

So what do I do? Do I dial in my lighting to try and find a middle ground based on this one coral, or do I stay the course and hope it starts to acclimate to the lighting I have set? Mind you I also have a bunch of Zoas and Acans who are seemingly fine in this setting as well.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back