Hammer is really unhappy

Looking at the speard sheet. You went from 8 to 10 dkh in a very short time frame. Big swings like that is going to affect your corals. But agree with the rest, it’s probably been stung by the anemone as well as they seem very close together.
That was well after the hammer declined. It was my reactionary effort to rectify the situation. The nem has been moved before the decline began.
 
That was well after the hammer declined. It was my reactionary effort to rectify the situation. The nem has been moved before the decline began.
@jabberwock you might want to mention for the 10th time that you moved the anemone :zany-face: !
 
@jabberwock you might want to mention for the 10th time that you moved the anemone :zany-face: !
Yeah, I know, but I am thankful for the help, even if they are only reading part of the thread...

So far, useful bits of info include iodine, and increasing flow. I have been babying it with flow thus far.
 
I would also consider your zero phosphate as a possible cause. I don't think this is good especially long term.
 
So, here we have it again, pH is 8.0 and dKH is at 8 and another tank has issues, but it’s the phosphate and nitrate right?
 
So, here we have it again pH is 8.0 and dKH is at 8 and another tank has issues, but it’s the phosphate and nitrate right?
Not sure what you mean, the tank is thriving, and all other inhabitants. The hammer is having issues...
 
The Duncan grew a new head.
image0 (36).jpeg
 
If that’s what you feel about your tank,
then that’s your choice and I won’t disagree.
 
8&8 sounds good to me. No phos no good.
Exactly. It’s way more important to have Nitrate and Phosphate at levels everyone approves of rather than address a pH that’s probably been down around 7.7 or lower at times. What would low alk and low pH have to do with a Euphyllia receding anyhow? I’m starting to catch on. You gotta go along to get along.
 
There are no SPS there and pH is perfectly fine. You act as if some mortal coral sin is being committed and we are all too ignorant to see it. Moreover, he raised alk to see if it would help.

I keep SPS and my pH hovers around 8 in the winter. Current ALK is 8.2 and my SPS and LPS are thriving. So try again?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new