Hammer or torch

fearlessreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
8
Location
Englewood
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was sold both of these as hammers, I don't belive the one in the right is I thinks she is a torch, help identify these 2 please

Screenshot_20230531_224142_Gallery.jpg
 
Was sold both of these as hammers, I don't belive the one in the right is I thinks she is a torch, help identify these 2 please

Screenshot_20230531_224142_Gallery.jpg
The one on the left is hammer coral and the one on the right is definitely a torch
 
The one on the left is hammer coral and the one on the right is definitely a torch
Any idea on a species? Was told they were reverse toxic green hammers you know lfs lol name it whatever comes to mind
 
Any idea on a species? Was told they were reverse toxic green hammers you know lfs lol name it whatever comes to mind
Guy sold them to me for $15 a head so I wasn't going to correct or argue with him I took it and ran lol
 
Any idea on a species? Was told they were reverse toxic green hammers you know lfs lol name it whatever comes to mind
Honestly the names are a bunch of crud…
There’s so many corals under the same name, what looks like a toxic green reverse to us in the UK won’t look the same to those in the US and even then, people from different areas of the country will have seen different things.

IMO the most important thing is;
Do you like it? And is it worth the money?

The second most important is;
If you know the genus, that’s probably the only thing you absolutely need to know unless selling frags :)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new