Hammers not acting the same (biggie smalls)

ewoolpert

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2021
Messages
90
Reaction score
118
Location
West michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would one of my hammers be extended great and the other has been closed up more since they both got placed 2 months?

C69E8D0A-E626-4D61-95AF-4EF548A90AFD.jpeg D29688E4-403B-4451-B395-F30A1768E81C.jpeg
 
Well one is two head and the other is one head. I’m more or less wondering why one would extend and look great and the other would look like it’s 50% extended.
 
I also noticed that the healthy ones main skeleton is more of white healthy looking stalk and the other one is pretty dark and brown.
 
Well one is two head and the other is one head. I’m more or less wondering why one would extend and look great and the other would look like it’s 50% extended.
We have this with just about every type of coral, I wish I knew what makes some open and look amazing while others act like they are in a dip bath. Two corals of the same species behaving totally different for seemingly no reason seems to be the norm in our tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new