Hanging arms for ATI sunpower

whatchamacallit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2015
Messages
493
Reaction score
138
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see some of the ways you hang your sunpowers!

There's no way I'm hanging it from the ceiling :)
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441233748.288641.jpg
 
Not a sunpower or ATI fixture, but it's a 6 bulb tek elite fixture. I had a welder friend make me hanging "arms" that are attached to the stand. I didn't want to hang from the ceiling because I rent.

image.jpg
image.jpg

There are some pictures of the actual arms in my build thread too.
 
Some good ideas here! I like yours kschweer how it attaches to the tank. Any reason why you have the arms so high or could you have gotten away with much lower?

Keep them coming everyone!
 
Some good ideas here! I like yours kschweer how it attaches to the tank. Any reason why you have the arms so high or could you have gotten away with much lower?

Keep them coming everyone!
I could have gone lower, I just wanted to make sure they arms were high enough so they were pretty much out of normal view. Just didn't want them right in my face if that makes sense. Also it gives me a little more wiggle room in adjusting the light and I can raise the light all the way up if needed for maintenance.
 
Nice guys! I have extremely high ceilings so hanging from it would be a nightmare and would look extremely weird :)
 
I deffinitly didny trust going into my ceiling haha so i juss went with the shelf took me about 5 mins well worth it
 
They look and feeel a little bit heavy those shelfs can hold like 4 jerry cans of you wanted too, i was going to get wood ones and make it all fansy but its good for rite now lolop
 
Shelves scare me lol always envision imagine it plopping into the tank.

I wish there was a vendor who made nice arms for the tank haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new