Hanna Alk Checker Delay between C1 & C2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dugless
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dugless

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Messages
518
Reaction score
2,008
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else experience this long 20 sec delay when trying to test their alkalinity? After placing the cuvette at C1 and hitting the button it just blinks and blinks to where I’m wondering if I can trust the reading.
 
I get the same thing. I'm assuming it's some sort of pre-programmed re-calibration procedure.
 
Mine does it every once and awhile as well. I don't like it so I shut it off and do it over. No harm if you restart before you put the reagent in.
 
Mine does it sometimes too. Doesn't seem to affect the results.
 
I'm pretty certain @Hanna Instruments did something like this.

byte messWithReefersHeads = rand() % 100; // Generate random number between 0 and 100;
byte hahaha = 13;

if (messWithReefersHeads == hahaha){
// do really long blinky sequence here
// aren't I a funny programmer
}
 
I’ve been zeroing out the process and starting over because I didn’t want to waste reagent. It seems to be happening more often lately though. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new