OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lowefx my design is wall mountable or table mount (your choice) but it only holds 3 at this time (pick any 3). it'll handle all the accoutrements regardless of test type. If you are a fusion user you can download the f3d and configure it on your own) I have been considering revamping it this winter to be expandable like a lego block to add as you need with each section dynamically configurable to any type. Any feed back here is appreciated. 2x2, 3x3 what combos? The primary issue is 90% of printers ppl have aren't large enough to print this kind of volume. My thoughts are why bother with a lame flat tray to begin with? for reference here is a link to my design. I don't have a business so all my 3d printed designs are available for free.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RobB'z Reef

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say thanks! I added a honeycomb modifier so the vials will drain whilst upside down, but fantastic file and appreciate it that you offered it for free.

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 10.07.09 AM.png
i don't check back here often since i ditched riches 2 rev but someone hit me up and I was looking back thru this thread. brilliant mod. i often thought about my offset and didn't like it. I think your idea is totes! nice. i may incorporate this into future revisions. ive been thinking about revamping this entire thing to be more print friendly and expandable.

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lowefx my design is wall mountable or table mount (your choice) but it only holds 3 at this time (pick any 3). it'll handle all the accoutrements regardless of test type. If you are a fusion user you can download the f3d and configure it on your own) I have been considering revamping it this winter to be expandable like a lego block to add as you need with each section dynamically configurable to any type. Any feed back here is appreciated. 2x2, 3x3 what combos? The primary issue is 90% of printers ppl have aren't large enough to print this kind of volume. My thoughts are why bother with a lame flat tray to begin with? for reference here is a link to my design. I don't have a business so all my 3d printed designs are available for free.

@RobB'z Reef My thoughts exactly. Im new at this, but my thought is if each test was 3 steps vertically (tester, vials, agents), then you can make one for each test (Alk, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4, etc,) and somehow connect them horizontally (1,3, 5,etc) while still being able to mount to a wall or door. I now have a PRUSA Mini, so you're right, I cant print off one big block. So I must figure out how to design and print each section.

rsach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RobB'z Reef My thoughts exactly. Im new at this, but my thought is if each test was 3 steps vertically (tester, vials, agents), then you can make one for each test (Alk, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4, etc,) and somehow connect them horizontally (1,3, 5,etc) while still being able to mount to a wall or door. I now have a PRUSA Mini, so you're right, I cant print off one big block. So I must figure out how to design and print each section.
@RobB'z Reef expandable option would be great, I would love to print one of these but unfortunately the stage for Ender 3 V2 is not big enough.

carguy4471

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact me via email, you can get it off the about page on my YouTube channel
I sent over an email to see if you by chance have a 235x235 version of this for an ender 3 / ender 6.

Awesome file!! Hoping there's one my size to print.

Thanks for the great work!

JS_racer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this looks awesome !! saw this on FB from someone that printed it from the files here.. looks amazing !!
so wish I had a printer, or knew some one that could print one :thinking-face:
Alk, no3, po4

1701448533248.png

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this looks awesome !! saw this on FB from someone that printed it from the files here.. looks amazing !!
so wish I had a printer, or knew some one that could print one :thinking-face:
Alk, no3, po4

1701448533248.png
Hit me up I sell prints

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What an awesome print!

With the alkalinity option, is there a place for the 1 mL syringe that is a part of that test kit?

Also, did you end up updating the Thingiverse file with the "honeycomb" bottom for the cuvette drainage?

I'd love to get ahold of the file for alk/NO3/PO4!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back