hanna nitrate low range

Carl C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all
I've had the hanna nitrate low range checker for several months , the learning curve was a bit tedious but pretty much have the hang of it now

QUESTION : i just got a new shipment of reagents and the 2nd reagent (the white powder ) that you shake for 2 minutes ; it leaves tons of particles floating around and stains the vial
i think this is a new phenomenon , anyone else experiencing this ?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use this test, but some of reefers here do. How about a yay or nay to the OP's issue.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all
I've had the hanna nitrate low range checker for several months , the learning curve was a bit tedious but pretty much have the hang of it now

QUESTION : i just got a new shipment of reagents and the 2nd reagent (the white powder ) that you shake for 2 minutes ; it leaves tons of particles floating around and stains the vial

I will always see a little bit of white "floaters" at the end of the two minute mixing but when I remove the vial after the test is over the water is clear of residue. It has never stained my vial. I would reach out to Hanna. That doesn't sound right. Picture of your vial?

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do as well I think it's a precipitate sticking to the glass like soap scum. I haven't tried scrubbing it off

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had this happen with the new tester but I did get two packets of reagent that were brownish and hard when I opened them. This was a bummer because I’m testing daily and went through my reagents very quickly. However I have had this with other test, I always try to flush everything with RODI a few times and just gotta a baby bottle drying rack to fully dry my vials and hopefully reduce residue from previous test.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all

Just to be sure, it's the actual test vial that's getting stained correct? In my low range checker the mixing vial is almost impossible to keep clean because of the white precipitate. The test vial however has not had that issue for me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back