Hanna phosphorus test phosphates high?

What are your nitrates, how old is the tank and did you add any rocks recently? Skimmer is one of the ways to export phosphates.
 
I would do another test to see if the first one was accurate, I sometimes get a reading which is way out of the norm, when this happens I do 2 or 3 tests again to see the average.
 
received_244003776723671.gif
 
You need to raise nitrates to lower P. I'm too tired to remember why,
but feed more.

Also, if the coral is happy DO Not be in a rush to lower the P. LIfe is better moving slowly>
Someone else can explain this better than me at this time

Welcome to Reef2Reef. Lots of folk have higher P and corals survive. Lowering it quickly kills more coral than elevated numbers.

Promise.
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun!!!
pics!!...we all love pics!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new