Hanna Test Kit (1st Results)

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally pulled the trigger and bought myself a Hanna test kit (Salinity, PH, Nitrate, Phosphate, Calcium, Alk). I must say, overall, I am pleased with how accurate and easy these little guys are to use. However...(BIG HOWEVER)...the nitrate test had me having flashbacks to high school biology class! The first go around, I failed miserably and spilled the sample when using the filter. The second time, I did everything right, but forgot to press AND hold for the 8-minute count down...third luck the charm and I finally got a good read.

I thought I had good parameters (when I was using an API Master Test Kit), but it appears as though I was WAY off!!

I have high calcium and low alkalinity, despite weekly water changes.

Tank info: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/evo-2-0.840588/#post-9109074

Any advice, help, or feedback on how to get those parameters in check is much appreciated.
384B2C68-C317-42E8-B3BB-6F7D04D41076.png

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not embarrassed to say I spent 2 hours in their nitrate test and never got a result. It’s the worst test I’ve ever tried to use. Gave up and use nyos now. So much better and easier to read. Don’t know how their new one is but it seems people like it better. But you’re in good company hating that nitrate. I use their phosphorous and alk kits. They’re so great foe the ones I can actiallly do.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back