Hanna Testing Equipment

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the opportunity to pick up some used Hanna test equipment at a good price, how do you guys feel about this equipment, is it accurate?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I am very impressed by these checkers. I have bought several used and had great luck doing so.

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of the Hanna Checkers. I've slowly been moving over to them as my other test kits run out and I don't think I'll ever switch back. Now they just need to make a ULR Phosphorus Checker that displays in phosphates and a Checker version of their nitrate tester and we'll really be set.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Hanna Alk and a Red Sea Alk driptest. My Hanna is always 2dKH higher than the Red Sea result.

I tend to think a driptest outperforms a Hanna bc Hanna is looking electronically at a color range and electronically calculating against a color chart in its firmware.

A driptest changes colors within 1-2 droplets.

I tend to believe more in a driptest that chemically changes colors right b4 my eyes

I also believe most testing only tells you a range +/- 5% and not to be interrupted as an absolute value.

So Hannas will tell you basically what's going on in your tank in a narrow enough test result to act or not react to the test#

Example: if I was only working with my Hanna Alk and it read 11.7....I would say, "huh, alk is a little high". If it came back 14.7 then I'd be doing a high volume water change. I know the test# isn't the actual# but close enough to know when to react

Last edited:

Littlemikey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For simplicity and ease of use I have really enjoyed Hannah especially for alkalinity as that is something I check daily so. Salifert is my secondary go to.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 62 41.6%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.7%
Back