Hard water stains

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so I have a hazy looking part of my rimless tank that I can't get off. I've tried vinegar, lemon, baking soda, bar keepers friend and a magic erase sponge...tomorrow I'm getting a pumice stone to see if that works. Does anyone know of anything that I possibly could do to get rid of the stain?
 
If it is a deposit as opposed to a roughening of the glass, muriatic acid diluted 1 part acid into 10 part freshwater will work a LOT faster than vinegar to dissolve it.

The cleaner CLR Calcium Lime and Rust Remover may also work.
 
If I use CLR will I be able to put fish and corals back in the tank? I was under the impression to not use cleaners like that because I wouldn't be able to put fish back in the tank. How would I be able to tell if it was a roughening of the glass?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new