Harlequin Shrimp: Is this normal?

Faithy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to a local aquarium shop last Saturday with a friend and grabbed a few corals but ended up getting this pretty lady over here. My friend thought it would be cool so she bought it for me as a gift. Little did I know, once I put her in the tank I did my research after the fact and found out they only eat starfish! Also the tank she was taken from I believe she was already paired with another so I felt bad for taking her away from her boyfriend . I went back to the shop to pick up a CC starfish and the other harlequin but coincidentally, the guy at the counter ended up buying the other shrimp. Would this affect her mood? I was thinking of getting a male Wednesday when my guy from the LFS gets more in. Sunday I cut off a leg of the CC Starfish (poor guy) to feed her and ever since she’s been hiding in her cave in the same place holding on to that leg for dear life compared to when she first was out and about exploring her new home. It’s going on 2 days since she’s been under there! Is this normal? IMG_2247.jpeg

Attachments

• My Movie.mov
    57.6 MB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back