Has anyone ever kept Lima Shrimp?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like their name implies, they take up host in Flame Scallops, as someone who's had good success with Flame Scallops in the past, and for sure getting one again in my new build, I was wondering if anyone's cared for these since they're not often seen? From KP Aquatics and ReefCleaners, it seems like they're on the easy side, but what's their diet like? Also with their size, would they get easily lost in a 20?

(Look them up if you haven't heard of them btw, such awesome looking creatures)

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
King Tide here! Wanted to chime in and drop this Reefbuilders article! This is the most information I have found really on these little beauties! You peaked my interest too! Pretty awesome stuff!

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked one up from liveaquaria back in october 2018 when i attempted a pair of flame scallops. it was about the size of a dime. this was (and still is) a small 10-gallon set-up.

lost the scallops, but found the shrimp a year later when i was rearranging the live rock. little guy is probably still there lol. i never see it even during feeding time (frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysis, occassionally flake food or pellet food).

i’ll be finding out in a couple of months when i pull out the resident firefish and blue assessors cuz i’ll be transfering the fish to my 180G main tank. i’ll try to remember to post an update on this thread.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back