Has anyone that pre-ordered seen their ION Director yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think they're all on E bay.
Maybe he will accept my offer. haha
1640720555191.png

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they listed the accuracy on their FAQ but I could be mistaken. In my opinion if it isn't able to test at least twice a day there isn't a reason to have automated testing. It can be done manually in a few minutes. The silence with regards to test per day and probe life is the more important thing to understand.

I do hear you though - accuracy or whatever the correct term for + - is just as important.

On a serious note happy to see those who have waited a very long time to start receiving them. Maybe more information will come out now that they are in the "non nda" users hands.
Nope, not in the FAQ either. Makes you wonder why, and how accurate and consistent is really will be if you make no published claims. If you are shipping now you surely should have that data available, or you do and do not want to publish, one of the two.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, not in the FAQ either. Makes you wonder why, and how accurate and consistent is really will be if you make no published claims. If you are shipping now you surely should have that data available, or you do and do not want to publish, one of the two.
From the manual.

11 Technical Data Input voltage 24 VDC Environmental conditions Operating temperature: 0°C - 40°C / 32°F – 104°F Humidity: Max 80% rel. Humidity non-condensing Current consumption 200 mA max. Dimensions 220 mm (8.7”) x 150 mm (5.9”) x 75 mm (3.0”) (without MUI sensor) 290 mm (11.5”) x 150 mm (5.9”) x 75 mm (3.0”) (with MUI sensor) Normal mode High-precision mode Consumption of each reference per measurement 9 ml 13 ml Consumption of sample water per measurement 14 ml 21 ml Measurement duration 24 min 30 min Typ. measurement accuracy (repeatability) rel. to meas. value ±3% resp. ±3 ppm (largest value) ±2% resp. ±2 ppm (largest value)

7.1 What does the measuring tolerance mean in practice? On closer consideration, one comes to the conclusion that the relatively low measurement tolerance (potential deviation from the real value) of the ION Director® does not play a significant role for the application. Why is this so? • A slight deviation of the measurement result from the real value has no harmful effects, provided that the target values are in the ideal range. • Daily visible fluctuations of the individual parameters are normal and unproblematic, whereas longer significant overshoots or undershoots of the optimal range may well be harmful. • Many commonly used measuring methods, e.g. test kits, offer at best a reproducibility of 5% under real conditions, an actual tolerance of 10% or more is not uncommon. • When regulating the individual parameters, it is not important that a specific value is permanently maintained to the ppm level; rather, it is important that the parameters are within an optimal range.
7.2 Comparison with other measurements Our investigations have shown that different measuring methods (droplet tests or measuring devices from various manufacturers) do not provide consistent results. In most cases, even several successive measurements with the same equipment show more or less deviating results. It is therefore difficult to judge which result is the "correct" one. This is where the ION Director® shows another strength: The measurement process is always exactly the same, the results are calculated exactly according to scientific principles and are more reproducible than with most other methods. Instruction Manual ION Director® EN 2021-10-05 35 7.3 Conclusion Every measurement is subject to tolerances, yet the ION Director® delivers a high degree of precision when used with care. For effective measurement and control (if used), we recommend the following: 1. ensure that the measurement achieves reasonable accuracy with appropriate effort. 2. adjust the control for each parameter (or manually dose in such a way) that the desired optimum ranges are maintained. 3. do not select these ranges too narrowly.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought they listed the accuracy on their FAQ but I could be mistaken. In my opinion if it isn't able to test at least twice a day there isn't a reason to have automated testing. It can be done manually in a few minutes. The silence with regards to test per day and probe life is the more important thing to understand.

I do hear you though - accuracy or whatever the correct term for + - is just as important.

On a serious note happy to see those who have waited a very long time to start receiving them. Maybe more information will come out now that they are in the "non nda" users hands.
They did I have seen it, the accuracy seems amazing to me, just waiting on mine to ship

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the manual.

11 Technical Data Input voltage 24 VDC Environmental conditions Operating temperature: 0°C - 40°C / 32°F – 104°F Humidity: Max 80% rel. Humidity non-condensing Current consumption 200 mA max. Dimensions 220 mm (8.7”) x 150 mm (5.9”) x 75 mm (3.0”) (without MUI sensor) 290 mm (11.5”) x 150 mm (5.9”) x 75 mm (3.0”) (with MUI sensor) Normal mode High-precision mode Consumption of each reference per measurement 9 ml 13 ml Consumption of sample water per measurement 14 ml 21 ml Measurement duration 24 min 30 min Typ. measurement accuracy (repeatability) rel. to meas. value ±3% resp. ±3 ppm (largest value) ±2% resp. ±2 ppm (largest value)

7.1 What does the measuring tolerance mean in practice? On closer consideration, one comes to the conclusion that the relatively low measurement tolerance (potential deviation from the real value) of the ION Director® does not play a significant role for the application. Why is this so? • A slight deviation of the measurement result from the real value has no harmful effects, provided that the target values are in the ideal range. • Daily visible fluctuations of the individual parameters are normal and unproblematic, whereas longer significant overshoots or undershoots of the optimal range may well be harmful. • Many commonly used measuring methods, e.g. test kits, offer at best a reproducibility of 5% under real conditions, an actual tolerance of 10% or more is not uncommon. • When regulating the individual parameters, it is not important that a specific value is permanently maintained to the ppm level; rather, it is important that the parameters are within an optimal range.
7.2 Comparison with other measurements Our investigations have shown that different measuring methods (droplet tests or measuring devices from various manufacturers) do not provide consistent results. In most cases, even several successive measurements with the same equipment show more or less deviating results. It is therefore difficult to judge which result is the "correct" one. This is where the ION Director® shows another strength: The measurement process is always exactly the same, the results are calculated exactly according to scientific principles and are more reproducible than with most other methods. Instruction Manual ION Director® EN 2021-10-05 35 7.3 Conclusion Every measurement is subject to tolerances, yet the ION Director® delivers a high degree of precision when used with care. For effective measurement and control (if used), we recommend the following: 1. ensure that the measurement achieves reasonable accuracy with appropriate effort. 2. adjust the control for each parameter (or manually dose in such a way) that the desired optimum ranges are maintained. 3. do not select these ranges too narrowly.
I stand corrected! Interesting they say accuracy and repeatability are the same which they are not.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we know some of you guys have received them and I know it takes a few days to wrap your head around everything but so far have the initial tests been accurate?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we know some of you guys have received them and I know it takes a few days to wrap your head around everything but so far have the initial tests been accurate?

Define accurate. It will be accurate within its margin of error I'd wager otherwise it shouldn't be shipping.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this thing is still under NDA then I'm glad I'm done with it.
No one is saying anything yet.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the unit? Care to share your experience with it so far?

Me? No. I was just replying that it will be accurate within their specs. I'm more curious on probe longevity and tests per day. It is the super secret information so far that just won't be told...

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me? No. I was just replying that it will be accurate within their specs. I'm more curious on probe longevity and tests per day. It is the super secret information so far that just won't be told...
All that info IS out there.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back