Hatching brine shrimp

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I set up a hatchery yesterday and it said wait 48-36 hours. I'm 24 hours into it and I have a ton of baby brine in the sieve! Can I feed this bunch early or and wait for the others to collect or will that mess up this batch? I need to get some Sprulina to gut load them. Anything else out there that's good for gut loading?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they cant gut load or eat for 24hrs post hatch. If water temps are at or over 80, then 24-36hrs is about right.
...They have some nutritional value immediately, but not much.
yes dried phyto works, so does yeast, so does live green water. I’d cop a speciatly nutritional gut load tho. Alyssa Seahorse Savvy has some, so does Seahorse source, Brine Shrimp Direct, Sachs, I might think of more...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always read that newly hatched naupli are very nutritious. If you wait to use them, then as the yolk sac gets depleted the nutritional value declines. I am about to hatch out some to feed to baby clowns and need to feed them right away.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always read that newly hatched naupli are very nutritious. If you wait to use them, then as the yolk sac gets depleted the nutritional value declines. I am about to hatch out some to feed to baby clowns and need to feed them right away.
TBH I should have more accurately said the nutritional profile might be incomplete vs gut loaded instar II or whatever they are....but yeah I feed newly hatched to FW fry, SW fry???

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, gotcha. Was planning to feeding naupli to my clown fry ..... if I get that far LOL.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%

Back