Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the beginning of it all.

75G Tank
30G Sump
1700 pph
Octopus Skimmer
50lbs of Liverock

Currently have 2 sebae clowns and 2 yellowtail damsels in the tank, (had a raccoon butterfly, but he died last night).
IMG_0133.JPG

Planning on making this a Reef Community Tank, currently a work in progress, while i get my 140G fixed.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your butterfly, though your future corals might be relieved ;)

Great start though, I'm loving the nice shelves in your aquascape. Lots and of options for coral placement.

OP
OP
ruthlesshatter

ruthlesshatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i may redo the aquascape but for now i really do like the amount of shelve space i have hopefully i can get this tank going over the next few months so i can get some updates up here on the progress.

OP
OP
ruthlesshatter

ruthlesshatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been up for about 2 months now my cleaning crew definitely arent doing there job so i will have to change some stuff around, probably going to rearrange some things in this tank as i get ready to get more corals. But i am confused at this purple growth, which at first i thought the live rock was changing colors then i thought maybe a mushroom coral growing, then started to notice it was different then anything else purple in my tank. IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0251.JPG

really confused on what is growing in my tank. my have to remove these rocks and investigate. But here is a little update on this 75 gallon i have going. Lost both my anenomes but my Zoanthids and my Artic Ice Palythoa are starting to grow. Adding some new corals this week will update once i get them in.
IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following!

OP
OP
ruthlesshatter

ruthlesshatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little update on my tank. added a small tiny frag of Monti and a Candy Cane. Also have introduced my Yellow and Kole Yellow Eye Tangs to the tank. Everything seems to be running perfect... Finally.... All my levels have finally leveled out including the persistently high Nitrate level. I am feeling comfortable to add more and more corals to the tank and not fear the money loss anymore.

Here are a few pictures taken over the last couple days:

Full Tank Update (the fish all came out to play finally)
fulltank.jpg

Marlin my original Sebae Clown
Marlin.jpg

Big Blue (only because he is bigger then my other one)
yellowfin1.jpg

Bubbles (Yellow Tang) and Hammy (Kole Yellow Eye Tang)
tangs.jpg

So yes one of my yellow tang and one of my clowns are named after finding nemo (downfall to living near Disneyland). And I had to go with the them and name my Kole Yellow Eye Tang is named after the squirrel from Over the Hedge due to the big eyes..... Surprisingly I introduced them both at the same time and they are fine together, but my damsel thinks he is boss all of a sudden. (hopefully he learns quickly)

My next update I will hopefully have some coral looking nice and pretty to show you all, and hopefully my new angel fish will be ready to go.

OP
OP
ruthlesshatter

ruthlesshatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have added more sand to the bed due to my no longer liking the bare bottom, as well as i added a new green star poly nicely growing but stressed so decided to close up. i have added a new butterfly fish, havent named him yet but ill get some pictures up soon of him.

Back