Have been lurking and reading for a while...

SaltyDog706

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! My family and I started our saltwater tank adventure in November of 2022. We bought a ProStar 90 from our local LFS. We set up and waited patiently for our cycle to complete. Then we started with 4 clown fish. We slowly added two more clowns, a diamond goby, a white bristletooth tang, and a royal gramma. We have a clean up crew consisting of a skunk cleaner shrimp, three astrea snails, four turbo snails, one marguarita snail, and 4 dwarf hermits, and one blue leg hermit.

Everything was humming along until we added the white bristle tooth tang and royal gramma. Two weeks later, "Brook" smacked us up side the head and wiped out our fish in less then 4 days. It was a good learning point for some impatient members of our family. It also allowed me to be able to invest in a quarantine tank and get some medications on hand without having to rely on the LFS to have what we need. The other hard lesson was knowing what our local LFS does for their livestock is completely different then the other store does for their livestock (where the tang and gramma came from). Luckily our local LFS does a lot more to treat for parasites and other diseases.

We went fallow (by default) after adding several conchs to stir our sand. We are waiting two months to begin adding any fish back to the tank. This gives me time to figure out installing a UV bulb to combat parasites.

Current equipment we have a Reef Octopus 110S, an over powered DC pump, BRS Heater connected to an Inkbird, and an amazon special ATO feeding the factory two gallon ATO. I installed some led strip lights inside the stand. Will add pictures later. Since we are fallow, I am going to rearrange some of the rock work in the tank.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I’m sorry to hear about your challenges.

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back