Having dongle connectivity issues

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a very annoying WiFi dongle issue. If it help I have a new iPhone 12 pro max.

So I FINALLY tried instilling yesterday and all the colors were good and it connected to my WiFi with a green color but when I try to access the app it kept telling me to connect to my internet. Which I made sure I was connected to the same internet. I had to hold the rest button 10sec, delete the app and redo the connection and it finally worked. I was exited and spent another hour going through the app and programming my lights.
Now the next morning I wake up and my light are off, when they should be on. So I try open the app and I got the screen shot below. What should I do?

1608489736500.png

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a very annoying WiFi dongle issue. If it help I have a new iPhone 12 pro max.

So I FINALLY tried instilling yesterday and all the colors were good and it connected to my WiFi with a green color but when I try to access the app it kept telling me to connect to my internet. Which I made sure I was connected to the same internet. I had to hold the rest button 10sec, delete the app and redo the connection and it finally worked. I was exited and spent another hour going through the app and programming my lights.
Now the next morning I wake up and my light are off, when they should be on. So I try open the app and I got the screen shot below. What should I do?

1608489736500.png
Did you enable local network within the settings and run the quick reload as prompted here? If so, did you receive an error message?

Feel free to give us a call when you're in front of your lights today and we can walk through the troubleshooting together. Our office line is 510.620.5250.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you enable local network within the settings and run the quick reload as prompted here? If so, did you receive an error message?

Feel free to give us a call when you're in front of your lights today and we can walk through the troubleshooting together. Our office line is 510.620.5250.
Hi and thank you for responding. I should just call you guys directly next time. It didn’t work no matter what I tried it just wouldn’t connect to the dongle. Everything was on the same WiFi and local network was on but still wouldn’t connect. Randomly though, out of the blue, it connected yesterday and I haven’t had any issue since. Not sure how or why it connected without me doing anything else but i will not complain. I just hope it don’t run into issues. While I got you here. Is the apex support coming soon? I was told it was in process about 3 months ago

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and thank you for responding. I should just call you guys directly next time. It didn’t work no matter what I tried it just wouldn’t connect to the dongle. Everything was on the same WiFi and local network was on but still wouldn’t connect. Randomly though, out of the blue, it connected yesterday and I haven’t had any issue since. Not sure how or why it connected without me doing anything else but i will not complain. I just hope it don’t run into issues. While I got you here. Is the apex support coming soon? I was told it was in process about 3 months ago
One thing to make sure of is that you're on the same network. A common issue we see is that a home router will broadcast a 2.4G and a 5G network. The WiFi Dongle can only connect to the 2.4G, but our phones tend to switch back and forth between the networks depending on signal strength and traffic. If you're connected to the 5G but try to load the app, you'll get a "Fails to Connect" message. I always double check to make sure I'm on my 2.4G network prior to loading the app just in case my smart phone is being too smart.

As for APEX support, it's actively in the works with both Neptune and us ironing out bugs. We don't have an ETA at this time, but rest assured it's still being worked on!

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to make sure of is that you're on the same network. A common issue we see is that a home router will broadcast a 2.4G and a 5G network. The WiFi Dongle can only connect to the 2.4G, but our phones tend to switch back and forth between the networks depending on signal strength and traffic. If you're connected to the 5G but try to load the app, you'll get a "Fails to Connect" message. I always double check to make sure I'm on my 2.4G network prior to loading the app just in case my smart phone is being too smart.

As for APEX support, it's actively in the works with both Neptune and us ironing out bugs. We don't have an ETA at this time, but rest assured it's still being worked on!
Ya I made sure I was on the same network. I don’t know what it was maybe just initial set up glitch

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I made sure I was on the same network. I don’t know what it was maybe just initial set up glitch
Sounds good. Feel free to email or call us if there's any other questions or issues. We're out of the office the 24th and 25th, but we'll be back on the 28th!

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. Feel free to email or call us if there's any other questions or issues. We're out of the office the 24th and 25th, but we'll be back on the 28th!
Started having the issue again. The light schedule works fine so I rather post here so others with the same issue will be able to have answers too.
Basically the dongle light is green, I am on the correct WiFi (checked 5 times), standing next to tank and it just won’t connect to my lights anymore. It’s weird it was working fine a couple days ago.

OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic

Attachments

• D3BB0388-5FFE-4422-959B-65030EEC63AE.jpeg
    D3BB0388-5FFE-4422-959B-65030EEC63AE.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Reefacist

Reefacist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After trying it a few times it was able to reload

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue with my light it never wants to connect

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without speaking to each individual here, some of the general "first steps" if you have issues connecting are to do the following:

- Ensure the WiFi dongle has a green LED indicator on the top
- Ensure your device is connected to the same WiFi network as your WiFi dongle (the WiFi dongle only supports 2.4G networks)
- Press the + icon in the bottom right corner of the dashboard, and select "quick reload"

If you're seeing consistent issues that cannot be resolved with the above steps, it's possible that there's some settings that need to be optimized within the router or device (checking the DHCP settings, making sure your phone isn't "bypassing" the WiFi to use mobile data, ensuring that your router is not a mesh network, etc) - we can walk you through them if you send an email or give us a call.

jordan9095

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My doesn't work either. I've sent a few inquiries for support. Never hear back. Crazy spending $100 on a dongle that doesn't even work 90% of the time. I've reset it multiple times and unplugged/plugged it back in but nothing works.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My doesn't work either. I've sent a few inquiries for support. Never hear back. Crazy spending $100 on a dongle that doesn't even work 90% of the time. I've reset it multiple times and unplugged/plugged it back in but nothing works.
Hey there - can you dm us the email that you've reached out via? We respond to everyone, so I apologize in advance if your request slipped through the cracks!

Back